KTUL Closing Down??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
KOCO channel 5 is consistently the lowest rated local TV station in the OKC metro area. So, you Tulsa folks best not be expecting a big change.

mtnboomr

Questionable Character
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid, we lived outside of Davenport (between Chandler and Stroud) on a high spot. We could turn our antenna to pick up either OKC or Tulsa stations. We usually watched OKC.

Reedman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cut the worthless Cox cable, back in 2011, went to air antenna ( and streaming channels), haven’t been able to receive KTUL channel 8 since.? Always thought that was odd since they’re broadcasting from atop Lookout Mountain, in west Tulsa.
While the studios are on Lookout Mtn, the transmitter is out east of town near Coweta, and just north of the turnpike. I think TU's NPR station is on their tower, and I don't remember what other radio stations may be there too.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live at the North end of Tulsa County. A few months ago KTUL made some changes and once I had the TV rescan channels I was able to receive channel 8 and all it's subchannels again.
Back in 2009 with the switch from analog to digital channels happened we had lost KTUL
The digital KTUL channels worked fine until the day of the cutover. On that day we lost 2, 8 and 11.
I still don't gete 11 reliably, buit after the recent rescan I started getting 2 and 8 again. You might give that a try if you haven't done it recently.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
While the studios are on Lookout Mtn, the transmitter is out east of town near Coweta, and just north of the turnpike. I think TU's NPR station is on their tower, and I don't remember what other radio stations may be there too.
You can go to
https://www.antennaweb.org/and plug in your ZIP code to see the locations of the transmitters you should be able to pick up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom