Legalizing Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The fact that our state thinks it is better for us to basically pop pills like they are candy instead of taking a few tokes or bong hits shows how ignorant the "leaders" are here. I am not a druggie or a hippie but I really don't think you can legitimately tell me that marijuana side effects are anywhere near those of pain pills or alcohol such as a much higher risk of renal failure, liver damage, heart attack or stroke. You know what stoner kids do when they are high? They laugh, eat, and draw pictures on the idiot drunk kids. They also don't get behind the wheel of a car and kill people everyday like drunks.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys have no idea how valuable the stuff REALLY is on the street....try anywhere from $3.5-5k for the good stuff if buying a single pound, here in Oklahoma, Importing costs $$.
I do. Being from northern California you cant help but hear things from people you meet :). If you werent in a hurry for your money its possible to just sit on a LB of a decent strain of northern Cali budd and sell it by the gram (thats mostly the way it is sold in California on the street but Im hearing about it being sold here for that too from SWIM...), where it can go for up to $25 a gram for a good strain. In that case a pound could possibly be worth up to $11,000. Thats pretty extreme but definitely not impossible. Most people usually are buying it in 1/8ths of an ounce, 1/4s (7 grams), 1/2s, etc. (28 grams= 1 ounce, 16 ounces in a pound). For people who buy it by the ounce $450-500 OZs are not unheard of prices for 'the kind' budd, which could make a LB worth $7500 more or less. Even if youre buying it wholesale by the pound though, $1000 a LB is still really low priced if it was a good strain. That is more like schwag or 1980s prices.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it was legal to grow our own in the US it coulld eliminate a lot of the drug cartels profits. I have read that pot is still their main export to the US. Cut out more than half their business and it would hurt them.

This is also related to immigration laws too. Our lack of border security contributes to the drug smuggling to the extent that I would not be surprised If I learned that our gov officials are making money from it. I have no doubts that Mexican gov officials are corrupt. Closing the border should be done just to stop a lot of the drug murders in the US and Mexico and not be considered a part of immigration reform.

We should have learned our lesson from alcohol prohibition.

After saying all that I don't think any one should be in jail for smoking pot. We could have legal pot and still do drug tests for it and ban pot smokers from the same things we ban them from now. It would be the smokers choice to not have certain jobs among other things.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do. Being from northern California you cant help but hear things from people you meet :). If you werent in a hurry for your money its possible to just sit on a LB of a decent strain of northern Cali budd and sell it by the gram (thats mostly the way it is sold in California on the street but Im hearing about it being sold here for that too from SWIM...), where it can go for up to $25 a gram for a good strain. In that case a pound could possibly be worth up to $11,000. Thats pretty extreme but definitely not impossible. Most people usually are buying it in 1/8ths of an ounce, 1/4s (7 grams), 1/2s, etc. (28 grams= 1 ounce, 16 ounces in a pound). For people who buy it by the ounce $450-500 OZs are not unheard of prices for 'the kind' budd, which could make a LB worth $7500 more or less. Even if youre buying it wholesale by the pound though, $1000 a LB is still really low priced if it was a good strain. That is more like schwag or 1980s prices.

Okay, you guys busted me. I don't buy pot and don't have a clue what it costs. I do know that wheat is a bargain!

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, you guys busted me. I don't buy pot and don't have a clue what it costs. I do know that wheat is a bargain!

:rotflmao:

I know that when I was at Huntington Beach last month there was a doctor doing the paper work ( not sure of the process but I'm betting paper is involved) in a tent with a sandwich board dude outside bringing folks in. Real strenuous testing to get one of those cards.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
25.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_mdz3yg7rhY1ruhc0oo1_500.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom