Lets talk Cowboy Boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Ariat boots. I tried on Justin, Tony & several others but the Ariats were by far the most comfortable to me anyway. And I like the bigger heel, I can't do the skinny heel or I guess what some would consider tradition. I also opted for square toe as well.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I use to wear...especially when I use to team rope, was Tony Lama. Tony Lama round toe, riding heel...so as not to get hung up in the stirrup if you got bucked off. At least thats what the old timers belived about a round toe being able to slip out (backwards or upside down) if you're in trouble.

Have worn Dan Post, Justin, and others. Never was into fancy leathers..ostrich, lizard, ant eater, elephant, shark, sting ray...my dad was, but not me.

***if you buy Justin, look on the inside legging part. Yes, some Justin boots are made in China.***

When I was a young buck, I thought I'd like a pair of custom made boots like Hank Jr., use to wear...the black and white ones. Then I came to my senses.

Last edited:

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always liked Double H boots. Have two pair that need new insoles and heels from time to time but are still in great shape. Had them for years.
For work I recently bought some Ariat boots even though the last pair I had wore out in a few months. So far they are comfortable

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ones I got are Tony Lama as well, square toe ostrich leather. They definitely aren't work boots, but that's not what I bought them for. My work boots are steel toe red wings.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Justins, Nocona, and Dan Post. But all I buy now are Rio of Mercedes. They are still hand made and last forever. They also make Anderson Bean but they are cheaper as they are mostly machined. Rios are so comfortable.

Btw, I think a lot of Ariats are made in China now.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ben Millers when I was a kid and then Tony Lamas later in highschool, now I like Noconas because my feet got wider, and then Justin work boots when home and working at my familys ranch in Osage county. Otherwise Im usually in Vans slip-on skate shoes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom