Lets talk Cowboy Boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boots have been my primary footwear most of my life. I've worn most every brand made but I have a very unusual foot size so over the last 25 years I found it best to not skimp when it comes to footwear. There are some great custom made boots and boots like Lucchese that are well made and very dressy. Have a nice pair of Rod Patrick that are well made, but for everything from cowboy'n, casual wear, walking the entire Wannenmacher show, or putting on my Sunday best I wear Rio of Mercedes. Just ordered a new pair to replace the pair I bought in 2006 and I prefer Remuda for the best combination of comfort and durability.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I lived out in the country I wore Justin Ropers for years, had them resoled 5 times over the years and they still look great to this day. One of the other things to look for is good leather, your average smooth cow leather will work but it won't last 25 years. I spent a little extra in the beginning and got mine in a really tough bull hide and they'll look good after I'm gone.

I hate square toe and pointy toe (cockroach in the corner kickers)...if they don't have a medium round toe I won't own them, unfortunately, they've fallen out of style for the square toe boots recently so they are almost impossible to find these days. I'd really love a pair of high top,medium round toe boots with camo uppers and pink trim :). If I ever find a pair that fits right I'll own them.

Just remember cheap boots are the same as throwing your money in the trash. One of these days I'd love to get a custom pair...I need to start considering that again.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are several of higher end nice boots. Anderson Bean, Mercedes, Larry Mahan in their day Lucchese not Lucchese 2000. Panhandle Slim in their day, Eldorado, Garner Moss. Your Justin, Tony Lama, and Nocona are everyday boots at the lower end of the scale. Keep this in mind, anyone who says that only brand X is the only boot that fits my foot, has never been fitted right. Most people right now wearing boots, like 70-80 % are wearing the wrong size. When you buy a Justin, Lama,Nocona they are made more like a box. That way they fit most people. When you get into a higher end boot, it is more shaped like a foot and you will find yourself in a larger size.

Latest posts

Top Bottom