Letter Yo Joes' Crab Shack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Soften it like when anti gun people say we should be shot? Or like when they say that we are responsible for things like Newtown? Why are we expected to play so nice all the time while the other side can say anything? I get not being outright viscous like they are, but I see no need for the overly pc approach either. I didn't get to crazy in my words to Joe's, I made no personal attacks. And those signs are silly.

All I know is that if I received that letter, I would not give it much serious consideration, due to the tone. It sounds like an angry letter, when what we need are letters that make us gun owners sound like the REASONABLE people. Let the anti-gun people scream and be crazy. We want to be different. The guy receiving the letter probably isn't a member of the Brady bunch. We want them to understand the TRUTH, then they will change their position. By "telling somebody off" you make yourself feel better, but you don't help your cause.

BTW, you're right, your letter was not extremely crazy, no personal attacks, etc. but reading it I still felt like I would feel insulted if I received it.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All I know is that if I received that letter, I would not give it much serious consideration, due to the tone. It sounds like an angry letter, when what we need are letters that make us gun owners sound like the REASONABLE people. Let the anti-gun people scream and be crazy. We want to be different. The guy receiving the letter probably isn't a member of the Brady bunch. We want them to understand the TRUTH, then they will change their position. By "telling somebody off" you make yourself feel better, but you don't help your cause.

BTW, you're right, your letter was not extremely crazy, no personal attacks, etc. but reading it I still felt like I would feel insulted if I received it.

I'll concede that last bit

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think we all agree with you as far as not liking the gunbuster signs.
I don't think the businesses are scared of the numbers of patrons they will potentially lose.
They would rather their uneducated 2A patrons FEEL safe when they visit because we all know how well those signs work.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think we all agree with you as far as not liking the gunbuster signs.
I don't think the businesses are scared of the numbers of patrons they will potentially lose.
They would rather their uneducated 2A patrons FEEL safe when they visit because we all know how well those signs work.
Businesses have already removed them.

okdkranch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW, what a bunch of crap over what should be the point of, here is a place that does not respect our values as Americans. So, Thanks for the info, Joes Crab Shack in Tulsa is off my list of places to eat.
BTW, a colon, not a semicolon, would be proper for business correspondence.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
WOW, what a bunch of crap over what should be the point of, here is a place that does not respect our values as Americans. So, Thanks for the info, Joes Crab Shack in Tulsa is off my list of places to eat.
BTW, a colon, not a semicolon, would be proper for business correspondence.

+1000000

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2% CCWers. I'm not sure any businesses care about 2% of the population that might come to their restaurant once or twice a year.

That is a good point, I think I will write a letter explaining that if I were to ever visit their establishment I will be armed, probably with multiple tools of death and destruction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom