Letter Yo Joes' Crab Shack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sir or Madame,
Thirteen years ago on January 1st, I took my wife on our first date in your restaurant. Since then, as my family grew from a family of two to a family of five, I have frequented Joe's Crab Shack quite a few times. Unfortunately, after my visit on New Year's Day of this year I will no longer be eating at Joe's Crab Shack. In truth I intend to go much further than that, I will be encouraging others to avoid your establishment as well. The reason for this is the gun buster sign you have posted that diminishes my ability to protect my family while inside your establishment. You do this even though there is ample data to be found that clearly shows that gun free zones are exactly the places that crazed killers seem to target. Actually, you have only to watch the news to see examples of this.
So I will respect your rights more than you seem to respect mine and I will take my business elsewhere and never darken your door. In addition to that, I will make your irresponsible policy public on the many forums that I am a member of and also on the blog that I write. I will also use Facebook as a tool and just plain old word of mouth.
What you truly do not seem to grasp is that Oklahoma is a southern state. That means that the majority of the people here are OK with guns.A good indication of this is the fact that businesses such as yours with your silly little signs are in the minority. The pro gun community is huge and growing every day. Applications for handgun licenses are up 300% now over previous years. Are you really prepared to lose that much business because of a political stance that is based on exactly zero facts? I guess that it up to you. I just wonder how many people like me you can afford to have running around encouraging people to avoid your business.

Good Day

Latest posts

Top Bottom