Litte blood on the arrow question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big-triple-d

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot two deer last night both with 2 blade rage broad heads. The first was at 7 yards heart lung arrow can out the back side shoulder deer only went 60 yards. I did not find any blood until about the last 20 yards. The second deer was at 35 yards and a liver shot and no blood trail with her either and she only went about 50 yards. I have never been very good at the blood trail game I try and watch the direction the deer goes and give them about 30 min and just start looking for sign of a deer run and crashing though the brush.

RackStacker30

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope you found her. Unfortunately it happens from time to time when bowhunting... You can have little to no blood with good shot placement as others have mentioned. I've had good luck with the 2-Blade Rage heads in the past. Always make sure the blades on your heads are sharp, it can make a huge difference.

Survivor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shot two deer last night both with 2 blade rage broad heads. The first was at 7 yards heart lung arrow can out the back side shoulder deer only went 60 yards. I did not find any blood until about the last 20 yards. The second deer was at 35 yards and a liver shot and no blood trail with her either and she only went about 50 yards. I have never been very good at the blood trail game I try and watch the direction the deer goes and give them about 30 min and just start looking for sign of a deer run and crashing though the brush.

WOW! Now that is something that most people never do, 2 on the same night. Congratulations on a terrific hunt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom