looking for a 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just get a Browning High Power and a Puma 22-45. The Puma has the same grip angle and feel as the Hi Power. How can you go wrong unless you want a plastic gun.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personal favorite is the CZ-75B. Reliable, accurate, Mecgar aftermarket 16 rd mags work great for me. It used to be you could get one pretty cheap but when everyone realized what a value they were the price went up, but even current prices are decent for what you get.

The Sig P6 is good and a real bargain. Mine has been reliable. A couple of downsides to this one are that the trigger shape is kind of poor for me and it tends to pinch the trigger finger. Others who have shot mine noticed the same thing, YMMV. Availability of GOOD mags can be iffy and they are very pricey even used.

The Glock is a good pistol. I haven't had mine long or shot it much but it is a keeper. After having shot a couple of XD's I was shopping for one but when doing a side by side comparison with the Glock the G17 seemed to fit better and IMO the lower bore centerline seems to make it less muzzle flippy.

The Ruger P series 9's are a good value, inexpensive and reliable and built like a tank. A friend had a P97 (.45) and it was a nice gun. I have a P90 that I don't shoot anymore and should probably get rid of. Can't speak for the SR series pistols.

I'll shut up now, carry on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom