Malaysia flight 370: 4 years ago

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Someone in one of the three letter "intelligence" agencies knows where that plane went. Don't buy into that crap that they don't know where every plane is...

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
and like Dennis said, cell phone tracking only works if you’re in range of a cell tower.

That's interesting to know. When I'm back country Colorado, no cell service but my phone and tablet still track. Why can't I call out? Text? Internet?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's interesting to know. When I'm back country Colorado, no cell service but my phone and tablet still track. Why can't I call out? Text? Internet?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Some phones and tablets have built in GPS receivers....but it’s a one way connection. Your position is not sent to anyone or anything via GPS in that situation.

Last edited:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I saw that covered. In that part of the world, phones are useless. They thought (theorized) the plane went higher than the pressurised cabin would cover and all the people on board died of oxygen loss including the pilots. Possibly by a terrorist or suicidal pilot?
Finally ran out of fuel. That area from what I understood has little to no gps coverage. We have areas in the US with little GPS coverage.
I found one in New Mexico in January of this year.
My phone gps was off by more than 10 miles. When calling to get voice directions, we finally found the place we were looking for, and our phone gps still said we were not there.
Another member of this forum was with me and can verify the story.

To clarify what happened in your case. You probably had GPS, but poor cell coverage. Most phones use A-GPS which uses cell phone tower triangulation and data to assist with gps satellite acquisition. When cell signal is lost or poor (only in range of one tower for example) some cell phone receivers suck and take forever, if ever, to get a good gps fix.

It’s possible in rough, high terrain to experience some degradation of gps coverage too....but if you can get a clear, wide view of the sky you should be ok.

Last edited:

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all know the Russians did it. The Russians are responsible for everything. Anyone who dose not agree with this narrative is a racist F'ing white male and should be exterminated. Im sure CNN would agree, and we all know that CNN is the most trusted network in America.
""Satire""

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All commercial planes aren’t tracked by gps, even the more “modern” ADS-B form of flight tracking still relies on radio links with ground stations...and there aren’t any in that area.

and like Dennis said, cell phone tracking only works if you’re in range of a cell tower.

Correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom