Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch, Federal Pot Policy....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NO, DON'T. You dont want to smoke this stuff thats being sold in the legal shops or what is going around today unless you are a chronic smoker and your tolerance to it is high enough to handle it. Especially if youre an older person or have a weak heart or anxiety problem. Its BS thats it is labeled a cure for anxiety because its the exact opposite- it will throw you into an anxiety attack that will last about 20 minutes or longer. ERs are filling up now in CO and WA with noobs not used to the effects of the MJ they are selling in the dispensaries. And then there are products like 'dabs' which is a concentrated MJ extract that looks like a little caramel colored blob that is a sticky gooey product you have to smoke in a pipe using a small torch instead of a lighter that is many times stronger than regular budd. Even the 'edibles' they sell are super powerful and are actually even worse than smoking budd or dabs and they will surely make you sick if youre not ready for the power of its high. One kid in Denver jumped from a building to his death after eating an entire cookie and I saw a reporter eat one in an interview and freak out on TV. Theyre not telling people the whole story. People who are not regular smokers or need it for a medical condition should just stay away from it. Recreational smokers got lucky and piggybacked to legal status on the backs of people who really do need MJ for their severe medical conditions and now the products theyre legally selling are very dangerous to alot of people, its a only a certain group of hardcore users who can even handle these new products.

That reporter was 62 and ingested something like 10+ times the mg a novice should ingest.

Not everyone gets The Fear with every strain.

And I mean yeah, the average pot in the midwest was weaker in my dad's day, but his peers also ate acid like it was breath strips, so it all evens out.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That reporter was 62 and ingested something like 10+ times the mg a novice should ingest.

Not everyone gets The Fear with every strain.

And I mean yeah, the average pot in the midwest was weaker in my dad's day, but his peers also ate acid like it was breath strips, so it all evens out.

The guy above I was referring to I thought was over 60. And because of her and others the edibles are being packaged now in smaller doses than before for peoples safety. And no, not everybody freaks out or gets the Fear or whatever, especially if they tolerate indica better than a sativa or a hybrid, whatever. But most do. I see it all the time on my visits to CO. And acid, especially the better acid from back in the day, it doesnt induce the same kind of heart thumping paranoia as weed does, no matter the dose. I know for a fact. I was just giving a warning to someone moving to a state where they may want to try it out. Everybodys chemistry is different.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMMFAO comparing weed to acid...
What the hells wrong with you?

Propaganda demonized LSD like it did marijuana. Its actually not as bad as has always been portrayed, depending on the person and the strength of the hit. It didnt damage as many people back in the days as has been reported. If you were a happy person going into it then you usually had a calm relaxing trip, only disturbed or already agitated people or those with anxiety problems had trouble with it resulting in bad trips. It was the cut that was dangerous as in strychnine, etc. Alcohol cut LSD for example made the drug less a lot intense and was pretty mild, that probably is what RHs dads buddies were taking so yaa certain doses of it possibly wasnt any more powerful than todays best weed back then. MJ is an hallucigen. And there are many medical uses for it too, scientists have been given the ok recently to return to researching it again for possible uses in anxiety control and certain conditions with the mind. Its still around but its all mostly an RC (research chemical) youre ingesting than LSD these days.

Last edited:

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Propaganda demonized LSD like it did marijuana. Its actually not as bad as has always been portrayed, depending on the person and the strength of the hit. It didnt damage as many people back in the days as has been reported. If you were a happy person going into it then you usually had a calm relaxing trip, only disturbed or already agitated people or those with anxiety problems had trouble with it resulting in bad trips. It was the cut that was dangerous as in strychnine, etc. Alcohol cut LSD for example made the drug less a lot intense and was pretty mild, that probably is what RHs dads buddies were taking so yaa certain doses of it possibly wasnt any more powerful than todays best weed back then. MJ is an hallucigen. And there are many medical uses for it too, scientists have been given the ok recently to return to researching it again for possible uses in anxiety control and certain conditions with the mind. Its still around but its all mostly an RC (research chemical) youre ingesting than LSD these days.

An argument for the next drug to legalize for recreational use?

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so much a recommendation but a statement. May help you to understand the mild nature of the herb. I dont use it but have in my youth and its far more mild than alcohol. Far more.
With age comes wisdom. In my case very little, but I did get a some.
In my youth I was a very happy drunk, always had a good time and played a mean game of 8-ball. It was commented to me often by my friends and my now wife.
But, I decided many years ago that I do not need the affects of alcohol or any drug to enjoy life. Now I do not have blank spots during the really fun times. If a high is the only reason to try it besides medical needs, then no thanks.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The U.S. will legalize it as soon as big tobacco and big pharm are ready for them too. When it is legalized all the current growers will be taxed out of business and only large corporations will be able to afford to legally grow weed. Marijuana will be come the "new" tobacco. It will be highly taxed when sold.

Nofearfactor is onto something with the side effects of marijuana. The problem is any story about how marijuana is not the best thing since green beans does not get much air time. The stories get pushed aside and explained away with the person had some other issue that caused injury/illness/death.

Latest posts

Top Bottom