Metal Buildings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Steve Meiwes (pronounced my-viss)
405-818-3945

I know he has been busy the last couple years but said things have slowed down some. He is in Piedmont but has built all around Oklahoma. He even took a crew to the Dakotas several years back to build lodging for an oil company.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The link below is for the Oklahoma Electric Coop magazine. There are several builders that advertise in it, and most of them are in the NE part of the state. I’m planning on building a 30x50 in the near future, but I’m still shopping. As of right now, I’m leaning towards a pole barn with wood posts and steel roof joists that has one overhead door and one entry door. Using 26 gauge metal, the best quote is around $22/sq ft which includes concrete.

Edited: changed “NW part of state” to NE

https://www.okl.coop/magazine/current-edition/

Last edited:

Gun Poor Pop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Steve Meiwes (pronounced my-viss)
405-818-3945

I know he has been busy the last couple years but said things have slowed down some. He is in Piedmont but has built all around Oklahoma. He even took a crew to the Dakotas several years back to build lodging for an oil company.
Thanks for the contact info.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own/developed a few commercial complexes and have built dozens of metal buildings (from 1200sf to 15,000sf) from the ground up. Message me and I will connect you to the contractors I use. You'll get best price out there (since you'll be coming through me).

*I have a fantastic contractor for concrete (he does everything from dirt prep, drainage to finish work)

*I have a fantastic contractor for red iron/metal building (he works with my concrete contractor to put in piers where needed and is the best out there)

*I have a fantastic spray foam contractor (open or closed cell) that can spray and paint very quickly and (more importantly) with zero mess.

All 3 have worked together on dozens of these for me and they work really well together. I am at the point where I could go from dirt to insulated building ready for power within 30 days.

I just had a 50X80 put up (in last month) and here was cost breakdown:

Dirt work/grading with heavy 4" plus 12 piers: $26K
Complete metal building (11' shoulders 15' peak) plus security door $57K
2" closed cell spray foam plus fully coated in white $22K

Roughly $26.25/sf

Example of one of my developments...this is on Waterloo in Edmond
View attachment 369563

I wondered who built those pot palaces . . . .

Gun Poor Pop

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The link below is for the Oklahoma Electric Coop magazine. There are several builders that advertise in it, and most of them are in the NW part of the state. I’m planning on building a 30x50 in the near future, but I’m still shopping. As of right now, I’m leaning towards a pole barn with wood posts and steel roof joists that has one overhead door and one entry door. Using 26 gauge metal, the best quote is around $22/sq ft which includes concrete.

https://www.okl.coop/magazine/current-edition/
Thanks for the info and the link.

SanMan

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to build a 30x50 shop.Red iron w/ 26ga. roof and walls and 4”concrete floor. I know that it’s not such a great time to build but was wondering if anyone knows someone that they could recommend? I live in the northwest part of the state. I have received one quote but was wanting to get at least another one or two. I figure that some of you fellers might have used some good builders and could pass along your experiences and knowledge.
I thought this vid was interesting. Post frame vs. Pole barn. Good luck in your search and with with the build!

Latest posts

Top Bottom