MI State Mass Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To heck with that. They want people to keep their guns locked up or face time/fines. Maybe they should make people face the same thing if they don't keep these known nuts locked up.
You mean take away their rights so we can keep our guns? Most of these folks haven’t committed any significant crimes to warrant being “locked up”.

There just are not any correct solutions at this point. There certainly are some individuals that should not have access to firearms, but how are they going to be found?

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You mean take away their rights so we can keep our guns? Most of these folks haven’t committed any significant crimes to warrant being “locked up”.

There just are not any correct solutions at this point. There certainly are some individuals that should not have access to firearms, but how are they going to be found?
Well, like this latest guy. He was caught by the police shooting a gun illegally out his dad's backdoor before this shooting spree( and by the way, not his own back door) in the middle of town and was already known to have mental issues. Hello! Think that ought to be a clue?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would you want him to be derived of his Constitutional Rights just because he shot a gun out a door?

It just isn’t that easy.

That would be the “red flag” without due process…..

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would you want him to be derived of his Constitutional Rights just because he shot a gun out a door?

It just isn’t that easy.

That would be the “red flag” without due process…..
You conveniently left out the part where I said he was known to have mental problems too. Too bad we don't have the kind of support system whe need to see people get the help they need before something terrible happens like oh, I don't know.....mass shootings maybe.

Last edited:

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No crime involved in having mental problems. Who gets to decide when a person has sufficient mental problems to deprive them of Constitutional Rights?
You keep harping on me saying to take his 2A rights away....when did I ever say that? I'm saying somebody should of got him some mental help before he went off the deep end. Relatives should have stepped up and seen to it that he got the help he needed or at least prove where they tried. If they didn't try to get the help why shouldn't they be held accountable like the anti gunners want for law abiding citizens for not locking up our guns.
If officials don't care about the reoccurring theme in these shootings then quit trying to put the squeeze on people like me. I'll take care of me and my own when we're out and about.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No crime involved in having mental problems. Who gets to decide when a person has sufficient mental problems to deprive them of Constitutional Rights?
That right there is the issue and I don’t have any answers. But, identifying the problem is the first step in finding a solution.

It might be a combination of social media rants, mental health interventions, and red flag reports from family / friends. I am, however, a strong proponent for due process in any red flag process.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
That right there is the issue and I don’t have any answers. But, identifying the problem is the first step in finding a solution.

It might be a combination of social media rants, mental health interventions, and red flag reports from family / friends. I am, however, a strong proponent for due process in any red flag process.
First, we don't need more laws. You''re proposing that everyone be monitored and if they don't fit some kind of pattern, then they should be dealt with. Thought police much? How about if the original charges had prosecuted, this criminal could have potentially still been sitting in prison until next year? How about we allow people to carry on campuses? These are way easier solutions. The issue you present is that we need some kind of safety net and I say you already have it, but only generally good people follow laws anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom