More Teens Turning To Ozempic Drug For Weight Loss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do believe there are those who have difficulty with their metabolism. I do not think they are in great numbers as much as the obesity rate suggests. I think the greatest objection I have is overprescription of meds. An assumption is made quickly, everyone should be on the latest new drug. Diet is in some ways the hardest thing to control, one needs food to survive! The type of food matters, and you would be surprised at the package labels and the ridiculous amount of additives that has been making its way to your plate.

Good example, I got up to 195 lbs, decided to do do Keto ( did it in the 90's and dropped weight fast) in the 90s I drank diet soft drinks alot. Now if I drink 1 diet soda per day, I cannot get into ketosis. Could it be my metabolism? Possibly, I personally think the additives are making the difference.

Well, it’s probably because you are like most people who eat a Keto diet that are also Never getting into ketosis. Why? Because it takes days of restricting carbohydrate levels below what most people realize it takes to get into ketosis. It’s not diet soda.

“Keto is not easy to maintain, it’s not a palatable diet,” says Andrea Giancoli, a dietician and nutrition consultant in California. Getting 80-90 percent of your calories from fat—which is what’s generally required for keto—is actually difficult. It involves eating a lot of rich, heavy foods with little variety—think fatty meats and gravy on cauliflower. You’re only allowed 10 to 15 grams of carbohydrates per day, and though many dieters stretch that to more like 20 or 30 grams that’s still only about one banana. A single apple could also get you past that limit depending on its size (though the fiber in an apple means that many dieters don’t count those carbs towards their daily limit) and a couple slices of bread likely fulfill the requirement as well.”

https://www.popsci.com/not-in-ketosis/

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we created fake food that weaponized our natural systems against us it was inevitable that we would create medicine to shut those systems down.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the metabolism issue. I believe it to be real.
Mark, one of our RV friends that we travel with has to eat three full meals a day, including fried foods, with two minor meals in between. He is 6’ 2”, weighs 175, takes zero medication, and can’t recall the last time he was sick.
I’m 6’ at 210 lbs eating a small cup of yogurt with added blueberries and one banana for breakfast. No snacks in between the second and last meal of the day which is dinner about 5pm. Moderate activity level meaning I don’t spend time on the couch. Got to be up and doing things, yet I can’t get the weight off.
Metabolism HAS to be an issue.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fen-Phen was a win for the suspect lawn firms and doctors who raked in the money filing false claims. The drug combo caused harm, but not nearly like the public was lead to believe.

“But that’s not justice, which is why the fen-phen litigation will long be remembered as a mass tort debacle. Consider the findings of a 2004 audit conducted by a panel of cardiologists led by Dr. Joseph Kisslo of Duke University in the fen-phen class action. Hired by class counsel to review 926 claims that had already passed the trust audit process, Kisslo and his colleagues spent hours analyzing echocardiograms. About 70 percent of them, Kisslo’s group concluded, should not have been approved by auditors.

We found serious, repeated, and verifiable alterations of systems controls to consistently exaggerate [the seriousness of disease],” Kisslo swore in an affidavit. Even worse than manipulation of the echocardiograph machines, the Kisslo team found rogue frames inserted into the echos of 84 patients. All of the inserted frames had the effect of exaggerating the patients’ heart damage. “I cannot conceive of any legitimate reason to use such a practice clinically,” Kisslo stated. “These rogue inserts are unacceptable physiologically, scientifically, clinically, and otherwise.”

Most disturbing was the effect of the apparent deception on real victims. Kisslo’s panel found that in 50 cases claiming mitral valve damage, the patients had actually suffered moderate or severe aortic valve damage that had gone undiagnosed. And in one horrifying case, a patient whose condition was overstated for the sake of obtaining payment through the trust ended up having unnecessary heart valve replacement surgery.

Class counsel Fishbein says the ultimate lesson of the fen-phen litigation may be the peril of attempting such a grand-scale class action settlement. A standard of proof low enough to produce efficiency, coupled with compensation high enough to keep plaintiffs in the class, seems to create “a huge incentive to push [dubious] claims,” Fishbein says. “I wouldn’t think a defendant would want to do it.” Building safeguards and audits into the system, Fishbein says, removes the efficiency that makes the class action economically attractive for defendants. “The class mechanism becomes less effective than the tort system,” he says.

As pharmaceutical mass torts involving Vioxx and Celebrex ripen, Merck & Co., Inc., and Pfizer Inc. would do well to remember Fishbein’s hard-earned wisdom. That, and the story of the patient who underwent unnecessary heart surgery. Justice demands a different approach.”

https://www.law.com/americanlawyer/almID/1109128224002/

There were lots of legitimate claims. People suffered with mitral valve regurgitation, and the death sentence of Primary Pulmonary Hypertension. As for your implication that dubious claims were submitted by “greedy lawyers and doctors,”….of course that happened. Similar ******** happens on a daily basis. There are corrupt/criminal professionals, whom seek to cheat and steal. It’s in every profession and every business, in all aspects of life. Some of those people get caught, lose their licenses, and sometimes go to jail. Others do not. Again, just like everyone else. Not unique to doctors and lawyers. (It’s more noticeable, and disgusting, because there is a belief that these professionals swear an oath to basically do right by people. So, there’s an element of betrayal.). It’s just a good idea to avoid those types of people when you come across them.

Unfortunately, the “greedy, soulless, trial lawyer” boogeyman has a basis in reality. Then again so does the “greedy, soulless mega corporation.” Wonder who funded the audit you reference?

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Registered Dietitians must earn a Master’s degree. Probably, worth more than the opinion of some guy on a gun forum.
I trust 'experts' less and less all the time. Just because they're 'educated' and have letters after their name doesn't mean what it used to.
Turns out there's more and more fraud in science and studies, and the drug companies and food industry have more than a little influence on the medical education system.

Find an expert you like and go with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom