Msa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Guys and Gals,

I finally got a diagnosis from a Doctor on what is the condition that is causing me to fall 15 to 20 time a day. I have MSA - Multiple System Atrophy. It is a genetic condition where all of the s ystems of the body begin to atrophy until they stop. It mostly happens one system at a time but is can happen to 2, 3 or all of the systems. So please remember my family in prayer as they try to live with me. I have good days and lots of not so good days. I havde learned it is possible to fall over in your wheelchair. Makes a spectacular fall. Lots of screaming and "Oh my God's'. If you were to take pictures it might be great to watch. I've decided to try and enjoy what is happening and try to see it as a comical event. That way it will not beat me. i'll beat it. When those of you who hjhave met me see me in the future I'm willing to share with you the events of the best falls. i'm trying to set up a grading system, like they have in the Olympic games where some falls are a 3.5 and others are an9.0. More test's are coming I let you know hoow that goes.

Just Stan...

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Chin up and staying positive for yourself and family, sounds like your're doing it. Prayers sent for you and family of course. Are there treatments for this?

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you have a diagnosis. We will keep you tucked in our prayers. If you haven't already, please get yourself a posey (chest tether) for the back of your chair. There are a lot of "management" products out there for balance/nerve problems. Sadly,we're all tottering into old age. :nolike:

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Just" Stan,

I'm sorry to hear about your struggle with MSA, and I'll make sure to bring you up in tonight's conversation with the big guy upstairs. It sounds to me like you're doing a great job of staying positive which I commend you for. Stay strong.

Latest posts

Top Bottom