Need advice from the legal folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a neighbor with a dog that was always trying to get through a hole in the fence, so I'd always carry when mowing. Half his head was through, always snarling and growling at me as I went past. Weedeating was always fun at that area, trying to go around that spot until one day I said f**k that and kept weedeating that spot. Dog didnt seem to like having his face weedeated, and he quit that aggressiveness towards me.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, my neighbor wanted me to go halves on a privacy fence. I was like why should I pay anything to help YOU control YOUR dog. Cop said the same thing.

I have patched the fence on the north side of our property so many times it looks like a patchwork quilt. THEIR dog keeps biting and chewing at knotholes and edges of the planks until he gets a hole big enough to get his snout through. I'm just waiting for the little **** to break through again. I have tossed him back over the fence several times now. Next time I think the gate is gonna accidentally be open ... because I'm NOT gonna be dogbit and have to take shots.

Shriner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A 6 foot + fence is your best bet-as Ben Frankin said " A strong fence makes for good neighbors" ,if you don't want to pay a fencing company go buy the supplies and some beer and burgers and get your buddies that can use a hammer and build the fence

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 6 foot + fence is your best bet-as Ben Frankin said " A strong fence makes for good neighbors" ,if you don't want to pay a fencing company go buy the supplies and some beer and burgers and get your buddies that can use a hammer and build the fence

I'm not spending any money on a fence because a neighbor can't keep his dog in his yard. Rather just spend the .20 for a .40 s&w JHP if it comes in the yard and comes toward me with aggression again.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

If only it were that simple. If I'd known the people on the south side of my property before I moved in, I wouldn't have. I'm pretty sure they feel the same way about me now so I'm sufficiently satisfied. For now.

****ing assholes. At least they mind their own business now. Still have to put up with the noisy kids from her in-home daycare, her yelling at said kids and their yappy, barking, aggressive dogs, though.

At least the people to the north don't want to talk to me any more than I want to talk to them.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...if you don't want to pay a fencing company go buy the supplies and some beer and burgers and get your buddies that can use a hammer and build the fence
Make sure to save he beer for after they set the posts--or else you may have to dig them back up to get them at the right spacing!

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If only it were that simple. If I'd known the people on the south side of my property before I moved in, I wouldn't have. I'm pretty sure they feel the same way about me now so I'm sufficiently satisfied. For now.

****ing assholes. At least they mind their own business now. Still have to put up with the noisy kids from her in-home daycare, her yelling at said kids and their yappy, barking, aggressive dogs, though.

At least the people to the north don't want to talk to me any more than I want to talk to them.
And all this time we thought you got along with everyone, and loved all dogs! :ooh2:<---- Shocked face:pms2:

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have patched the fence on the north side of our property so many times it looks like a patchwork quilt. THEIR dog keeps biting and chewing at knotholes and edges of the planks until he gets a hole big enough to get his snout through. I'm just waiting for the little **** to break through again. I have tossed him back over the fence several times now. Next time I think the gate is gonna accidentally be open ... because I'm NOT gonna be dogbit and have to take shots.

Rat trap about 6 inches inside the hole on your side of the fence. Stake it down and if the dog gets caught and they complain it's simple enough to say you saw a rat crawling through the fence some night and didn't want it in your place. Guarantee one snap and the dog will never want to be in your yard again.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rat trap about 6 inches inside the hole on your side of the fence. Stake it down and if the dog gets caught and they complain it's simple enough to say you saw a rat crawling through the fence some night and didn't want it in your place. Guarantee one snap and the dog will never want to be in your yard again.

I'm gonna buy some of that galvanized corrugated metal sheeting this weekend and line the bottom half of the fence with it. He's small so he won't be able to get his nose through any of the spaces or knotholes up higher. Maybe that will slow him down some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom