Need advice from the legal folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Game cams are fairly inexpensive and have video capabilities. Some take several minutes of vid. Some take 30 seconds or so but a lot can happen in 30 seconds.
Living next to a pissed off neighbor can be hell though

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasp Spray, a baseball bat, and as a last resort, if you have to, just shoot it. I'd not worry about pissing off a neighbor who won't control a dangerous beast. I'd be nice about it, go have a neighborly chat and let him know his options. "Hey Neighbor? Hot enough for ya? LOL. Hey buddy, listen...by the way, if you don't get your steekin' mutt under control, I will. So, how about them Sooners? Well, I gotta go for now neighbor; see ya. Say Hi to the kids and the Missus for me).

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only thing you should consider if the neighbor should get an attorney --- you've set precedent by not shooting the dog the 'numerous' times its done the same thing. I wouldn't blame you in the least, but I know how people can 'twist' the law.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only thing you should consider if the neighbor should get an attorney --- you've set precedent by not shooting the dog the 'numerous' times its done the same thing. I wouldn't blame you in the least, but I know how people can 'twist' the law.

Yeah, but in my defense I have already made a complaint, and they have already had another dog attack the neighbor on the other side. I don't know why they didn't take all the dogs as I doubt any of them have their shots or are tagged. But, such is life.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The irritating part? The cop comes out, issues him a verbal warning. Then suggests that I build a privacy fence. I'm like "WTF? I have to put out a couple grand because that guy can't keep his dog in his yard?" She shrugged her shoulders and said "I understand, but it would be the easiest way to solve this" I followed up with "Easier for who?" She just repeated that she gave him a verbal warning and they will get cited if they have to come back out for this issue. It feels like I'm put in a legal corner. On one hand I don't want to hurt the dog (he is a boxer/pitt mix, he needs a bigger yard to run around and play, plus attention of which he gets none) but on the other I would like to be able to use my back yard again and have my wife feel safe going to the mail box.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd put on 3pair of jeans pull on my tall top boots and go do stuff in my backyard with my phone video ready. You need to borrow a pair of my tall tops? I've got 4 pairs ranging from 16" to 20" tall. Maybe rake some leaves with a pitchfork.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd put on 3pair of jeans pull on my tall top boots and go do stuff in my backyard with my phone video ready. You need to borrow a pair of my tall tops? I've got 4 pairs ranging from 16" to 20" tall. Maybe rake some leaves with a pitchfork.

Nah, thank you though. If I wanted to do that I'd just put on my carhart bibs. Those things are thick as hell and go all the way down to my heel. I'm looking at buying a 4 channel camera setup but I want to do POE vs BNC, but the price difference between the two sucks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom