Need some help. 2013 polaris

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So the foreman here at the ranch bought this atv off of a neighbor wanting to get it out of his garage cuz he had no need for it. In case you're wondering why he had an atv and no need for it, that's cuz he loaned a fella some cash who needed some cash more than he needed this atv. After a couple years fella couldn't repay loan. Now that we are alllll up to speed, here's the part I need help with.....no, first lemme say that when we bought.....welll I say we but the foreman here to the ranch actually ponied up the cash for this atv cycle we knew there were just a couple issues. She's a slick booger besides these two or three issues and we figure we are sure to get very close to dead on this 2013 850 H.O. Xp atv cycle cuz my ol 19and95 425 magnum and the foremans artic cat 300(think it is) have tried to kill us before. Ok now that y'all get the visual, I've already got used upper and lower A-arms comin for the right rear cuz I could tell right away when we went to look at her that she was kinda holdin her right rear funny. Measured center to center left hubs then right hubs and right side measured 1 1/2" closer together. Y'all can probably see it in the picture just as I did. I told the fella that owned it that I was once a horseshoer just like he currently is and I couldn't believe he couldn't tell this filly had a little hitch in her get along. Anyhow, I got them ordered from Fleabay used but look new and I cast my eye down the pictures to make sure they were straight where they needed to be. Now here's the help I need, the front "rack"(more like a flimsy plastic hood) kinda hinges up and down in the front giving you access to battery, radiator and such. Nearest I can tell, there's a couple "boat plug" looking latches that lock her down. One on each side. Both of them are missing and it seems there are a few different options for the front of these atvs but I can't find much in the way of videoes or decent pictures of what the latches look like from the factory. I did find what SEEM to be the right ones on polaris parts online but again they look like boat plugs and I can get boat plugs for less than the $50 Polaris wants. Any y'all have one like this and could send me some pictures to confirm whether or not a couple boat plugs would do the job? Again, this is to lock down the front rack/hood to keep it from flopping up and wiping a fella out when he's in high speed get somewhere mode. Thanks. I just have this one picture for now but I can get some more for comparison if one of y'all have a mochine like this.
IMG_3556.JPG

That's the front rack/hood laying on the back.

Last edited:

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This seems to be the correct parts. But what throws me off is the title mentions cargo box but I don't think this is a cargo box I'm trying to latch.
IMG_3575.PNG

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This seems to be the correct parts. But what throws me off is the title mentions cargo box but I don't think this is a cargo box I'm trying to latch.
View attachment 130576
Yes that is what mine has. I don't think a boat plug would work. I don't keep my atv at my house, so I can't get a pic today.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that one. The latch goes up and down with the lid. The latch goes into a round hole. I'll have to give her a further look tomorrow to see if the latch holes are the same diameter as the "lock n ride" holes scattered about the racks. If they are, I'm pretty sure I can get a t-handled boat plug to work. Been doing some googling and noticed several folks making their own lock n ride tie downs using 1" rubber plugs or boat plugs with an eyebolt instead of the plunger or t-handle that comes with the boat plug. I've finally managed to get a few more pics googled and I'm gonna say the rack/hood got ripped up off this atv while the latches were still latched cuz the holes are kinda torn out.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You think yours is old? Here's mine. It's a 95. I found another one just like it recently that I'm trying to splain to the wife I need.
IMG_0897.JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You pups with your new fangled 4wheelers that you have to drive don't hold a candle to the three wheeler that you have to ride! LOL.
I've had people at little Sahara dunes ask me if my 85 250SX is new and they didn't know three wheelers were back in production. They aren't.
That is a nice looking machine the foreman got. I'm wanting to get rid of the steel wheels on the arctic cat we have to get some of those fancy aluminum ones. Guy's gotta look good while riding!

Latest posts

Top Bottom