Neighbor issues.. my lawn is not a toilet!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you just want the problem handled, with no real conflict and no legal issues, get a few of these:

http://www.safepetproducts.com/scarecrow-motion-sprinkler.html

You don't have to be on duty, watching your yard, wasting your time. The dog - or the owner - comes into your yard, gets an automatic blast of full pressure hose. If you don't like the one I linked, several other companies make similar products.

Best of luck.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would thow out a firecracker while the dog is right in the middle of his business....... not punishing the dog, but teaching it that your yard is not a good spot for them to do their business........ water hose to spray the dog is next on my list.... motion activated water sprinkler?

Sounds like the animals may be easier to train than the owners.

Actually this works if he is there to watch the lawn and catch them in the act for about a week or so. The lady with the Boston Terriers ... she was complaining to another neighbor that her dogs won't even walk down this way anymore. She has to take them around on the other block over. It's especially funny since Jackie has passed on and is no longer here to do any chasing.

Although I gotta say the water hose is a lot safer than a BB gun. Probably cause less trouble if this thing winds up with LEO or lawyers involved, if it came to that also. Especially if you are in city limits.

And I'm with GC7 ... I don't mind cleaning up after my dogs. I'm not interested in cleaning up after someone elses.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you just want the problem handled, with no real conflict and no legal issues, get a few of these:

You don't have to be on duty, watching your yard, wasting your time. The dog - or the owner - comes into your yard, gets an automatic blast of full pressure hose. If you don't like the one I linked, several other companies make similar products.

Best of luck.

oooh I like that product. SOOOO many uses.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Best of luck.

Looks like it has to be pointed at a particular spot. Don't know of many dogs that will accomodate by crapping where you want. Looks like a fun product if you could just get it to seek, then fire.

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats called assault either with firecrackers or a water hose.

Actually this works if he is there to watch the lawn and catch them in the act for about a week or so. The lady with the Boston Terriers ... she was complaining to another neighbor that her dogs won't even walk down this way anymore. She has to take them around on the other block over. It's especially funny since Jackie has passed on and is no longer here to do any chasing.

Although I gotta say the water hose is a lot safer than a BB gun. Probably cause less trouble if this thing winds up with LEO or lawyers involved, if it came to that also. Especially if you are in city limits.

And I'm with GC7 ... I don't mind cleaning up after my dogs. I'm not interested in cleaning up after someone elses.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't escalate just retaliate. Lots of extreme suggestions in here IMO, a hot wire would do the trick but I wouldn't spend that much money on something like this. Just get the long handle scooper so you don't have to handle their dog's turds & put them in the yard that they belong in. The neighbors will catch on. I would not put anything in their mailbox, I'm not certain but I think you can be cited yourself for screwing with someone's mailbox. If they persist I'd resort to tossing them in the driveway or sidewalk while they're still warm to make it a little more inconvenient for them to clean up.
Taping them & involving an attorney or animal control might be good ways to handle it but that takes your time & it seems much easier in your case to just "return their property".

Latest posts

Top Bottom