New Pick-Ups...WTF!?!?!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my wife and I decided that we need to replace one of our vehicles and we decided that it would be mine as it has the most miles and it is the vehicle of choice when we travel.

Here is my first :saywhat: you've gotta be sh!ttin me :saywhat: moment, the cost of a new similarly equipped truck is $50k. Fifty-effin-thousand dollars!:shocked:

The cost was somewhat expected, but still not logical.

The next :screwy: what da fuq :screwy: moment is the height of the cab and tailgate of the new trucks.

The salesman is showing me a truck and I tell him, "I like it, but I'd like one with normal size tires and no lift kit". He looked at me like I was an idiot and let me know that this is the new norm.

The floor of the cab is about 4" higher than my 06 and the open tailgate is at about 36" from the ground.

Who are the engineers designing pick ups for? Is there some sort of metro sexual soccer dad society that has the ears of the engineers? I doubt that men that use their pick ups for their intended use have much appreciation for these changes, especially those of us who have legs the length of a 5'2" woman and T-Rex arms.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked at trucks at the fair last fall and was totally blown away by the prices. There is NO WAY I could afford a $50k vehicle. Even when I was married and dual income, a vehicle half that price was a stretch. I don't know how people do it but I'm glad someone can.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The height thing cracks me up. F150s look like they peeled a little bit off the top of a conversion van. I've joked about some of them looking like Robocop's fleshlight or megatron's manhood.

I'm kind of jaded about cars in general. IMO a motor vehicle is a tool, not a rolling monument with a lazy boy inside. I spend all of 30 minutes in one every day, but hell you spend 8 hours in bed and some people spend 9-10 hours at a desk. If you spent $50K on one of those setups, to suit yourself, people wouldn't get it. Hell if you spent $30K on your education every 4 years people would probably ask if you are rich. Spend $50K on a car and they just go "Oh that's niiiiice! I like how it massages your balls for you."

I'd rather own two old ass pickups and a $20K bed, thanks.

Mungo Bungo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Weak American dollars are worth less these days.

The government needs to impose price caps on vehicles. All that advertising car dealers do costs lots of money. Maybe if they weren't busy pimping their daughters or acting like ass****s on TV, they wouldn't need to gouge us. Of course you fools would be against salary caps, even though your lives would be improved considerably.

So stop bitching. Or get on board with leveling the disparity in incomes in these country. How much money do we need anyway?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear ya. How in the world are people affording vehicles these days? They are pretty nice but no where near worth what they are charging. But obviously there are tons of people buying or they wouldn't be charging that much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom