New texting while driving law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an off duty Tulsa police officer on Xmas Eve several years ago hit me from behind because her soda bottle went to the floorboard when she stopped suddenly behind me at the light. She had been right on my ass anyways earlier and I was speeding. When she went to get it she had barely looked up when she popped me. She was in an Explorer and I was in my old lifted K5. Broke my damn tailight. It was at 81st and Hwy 51. Responding BA cop did not even give her a ticket. She said she was on the way to the gym. So I had to go to an AutoZone real quick for some red film tape so I could continue so I didn't get a ticket late at night goin home. Patched it and went on to my party. Monday her insurance came out, looked at it, wrote me a check on the spot. Went to salvage on Pine and found my tailight. Pocketed the rest. Merry Christmas to me and my ol crusty K5 4x4.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just love a good story with a happy ending after all of the headache was over with! The officer should have been ticketed, but we all know the buddy system exists. At any rate, good for u NFF.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The kicker I forgot to tell was that the responder wasn't going to let me continue on in the vehicle with the broken tail light. The bulbs were still intact and lit but the red taillight cover was smashed in pieces. He was a young guy and a complete DICK. As soon as he did paperwork he cut her loose so she could get to the gym and get her workout in before a late night shift as a Tulsa officer. She admitted all guilt and was super cool making sure every one was ok. I had my wife and SIL with me in their party clothes cause we were on the way to a long planned party. They were ok. My house is 9.5 miles from that intersection to my other vehicles and I could have called Gilbert's to come get the truck. We were in the K5 because of possible bad weather that night. But that would have been a major hassle and took hours. I wasn't having any of it. Not any more. Think 'Network' and Peter Finch- "I'm mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it any more". I wasnt. I told him exactly these words: she had a broken headlight and he let her proceed? That's Fd up dude. He could follow me and give me a hundred tickets if he has to, but I'm getting in that truck and going to the nearest parts store to patch it up and going on to my party. I have immediate access to a lawyer and as much money as it takes and will see him in court if he wants. He let that girl go who caused it all and I'm left walking. F that and F him. Yes, I said that too. And I walked away and I got in my truck, started it, and drove off. He did follow too. Exited at 161st and went a few blocks to a parts store and to patch her up. He went by but then went on down the road. I didn't tell my wife that part until way later at the party and was a lil drunk. Funny part was we all got messed up pretty bad and their dad took us home and left the truck in Tulsa. My father and grandfather were cops and usually I am very courteous and always yes sir no sir to LEOs. But I wasn't taking any shite from this young man that day. I was prepared to go to jail too. Principles, you gotta have em sometimes. I've been to jail before and was always out soon as my lawyer and bondsman got things going. But it turned out ok. I did see that guy again too at the BA station on Monday getting a copy of the report but he didn't say a word to me. I was prepared tho to apologize. That was an order from the Mrs. Gladly I didn't have to. Waaa. Such is life...

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Last edited:

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol. That was a very entertaining read. Not trying to sound like a wise rear, but i keep that red tape and spare bulbs in my van at all times. You never know when some odd ball is going to smack your vehicle. Seems like since i started carrying the emergency stuff, my accidents stopped completely. Let me take it out and leave it at home and every tonya, deidra, and harriet, will hit me before i get to where i'm headed!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom