Nope on Tesla....or Any Other EV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the saddle horse or buggy horse going to make a comeback for common folks other than Amish?

Speaking personally, but I would probably be better off with a horse than a ev to visit local family and friends or to hit the local stores.

My horse could refuel "for free" while I visit or shop, plus it can fertilize in return!

And it could make its own replacement!!!

123, ev is not for me, 456, give me a diesel or gasser to get my kicks, 789, let those greeny bastards whine!

Michael M

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife saw this story on her phone a day or so ago. It is about a brother and sister that rented a Tesla to drive from Florida to Kansas. I'm not surprised by the outcome.

Brother and Sister Rent Tesla

It seems that they had to spend a LOT of time recharging the Tesla. They stated that it needed charging 6 times in one day.
There is another reason to be concerned about the conversion to EV’s. Fuel Tax.
Right now those driving ICE’s pay a tax per gallon of gas or diesel. OK tax is .19 cents per gallon for gas and it goes up to .61 cents per gallon in Pennsylvania. This tax is used to help fund roads and bridges.
With EV’s driving on our roads without paying fuel taxes, where is the money coming from?
Going to have to either collect the money when renewing your tag based on mileage driven or something else.
Just something to think about.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buckle up, bros. The trend is that ICE vehicles will be outlawed by 2035. Either you'll go public transportation (yippee!) or EVs. The plan is to limit us re travel. They're going to make it so difficult to travel (cf the OP's article) that we'll just stay home. And what will "home" be?

The plan is for all us peons ("Peon": anybody not a billionaire.) to be confined to "15 minute" cities. Google "15 minute" city to see what our Masters have planned for us.
The UN has a goal to deconstruct the leadership structure, appropriate Earth’s natural resources as property of all humanity to be controlled by a technocratic oligarchy, privatize government controlled agencies, services and utilities, extend control of surrounding regions over sources of production, agriculture and utilities under Smart Cities’, move populations out of rural and suburban areas and into urban zones, significantly reduce the human population, and to ‘Re-Wild the Earth’. It sounds like they intend to allow animals the freedom to come and go as they please while housing humans like chickens.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife saw this story on her phone a day or so ago. It is about a brother and sister that rented a Tesla to drive from Florida to Kansas. I'm not surprised by the outcome.

Brother and Sister Rent Tesla

It seems that they had to spend a LOT of time recharging the Tesla. They stated that it needed charging 6 times in one day.
Everything is made into a political issue now, is that carzy or what? This technology will ether be made to work well enough to be finachially viable, or not, right? Watch as the left's former fair haired boy, Elon Musk, is demonized like Mayor Giuliani, the Pillow Guy, and anyone else that don't do as told by the leftwingnuts! Restoring FREE SPEECH TO TWITTER, IS DANGEROUS, AND THE LEFT WING, LAP DOG NEWS MEDIA WILL DESTROY HIM IF THEY CAN!

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is another reason to be concerned about the conversion to EV’s. Fuel Tax.
Right now those driving ICE’s pay a tax per gallon of gas or diesel. OK tax is .19 cents per gallon for gas and it goes up to .61 cents per gallon in Pennsylvania. This tax is used to help fund roads and bridges.
With EV’s driving on our roads without paying fuel taxes, where is the money coming from?
Going to have to either collect the money when renewing your tag based on mileage driven or something else.
Just something to think about.
I wouldn't waste much time worrying about crooked politicians not taxing EV's! If there is anything these people are good at, and take seriously, it's taxing us peons!

raeken45

Made of wrongthink
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't waste much time worrying about crooked politicians not taxing EV's! If there is anything these people are good at, and take seriously, it's taxing us peons!
They won't bother taxing the miles an EV drives. They will just put an additional tax on electricity use. That way you pay an extra 50 cents to make toast or run a hair dryer. Think of all the extra revenue in the summer!

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It definitely is a scenic, restful way to travel. Stopping every few hundred miles for 30-45 minutes to charge your vehicle. You really have to plan out your route, since there's not a charging station on every corner like there are with gas stations.
That may change in the future.
After my first road-trip in an EV, I agree with Jestik. The family and I picked up a 2023 Tesla Model Y two weeks ago and just finished a 1000+ mile drive to San Antonio, including exploring El Paso. If we drove straight back to Phoenix, we’d have to charge about 8 times for 25 to 40 minutes. Fewer stops might be possible, but better safe than sorry. On this trip, each charge was an opportunity to get in a quick walk. +1 on having to plan the trip, but the car knows before-hand where to stop. Added a 48 Amp 240V charger to the garage for use around home. Supposedly, we’ve saved $147 by using electrons vs gasoline so far. Changing at home is about 5X cheaper than using a Supercharger using a super off-peak TOU plan. I’m still planning on keeping my V8 SUV to pull toys through the OK boonies!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After my first road-trip in an EV, I agree with Jestik. The family and I picked up a 2023 Tesla Model Y two weeks ago and just finished a 1000+ mile drive to San Antonio, including exploring El Paso. If we drove straight back to Phoenix, we’d have to charge about 8 times for 25 to 40 minutes. Fewer stops might be possible, but better safe than sorry. On this trip, each charge was an opportunity to get in a quick walk. +1 on having to plan the trip, but the car knows before-hand where to stop. Added a 48 Amp 240V charger to the garage for use around home. Supposedly, we’ve saved $147 by using electrons vs gasoline so far. Changing at home is about 5X cheaper than using a Supercharger using a super off-peak TOU plan. I’m still planning on keeping my V8 SUV to pull toys through the OK boonies!
It's always a good idea to have that back-up available just in case 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom