Oklahoma grocery stores

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like walmart. But I really only buy groceries there. Standing in line isn't such a hassle, I'm pretty patient and laid back... I buy almost everything else online, I'm used to waiting for stuffs.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I miss Safeway. Nice clean store. Wish they would come back.

One of the last ones in your/our area is still in Pryor under their "Homeland" name. Same company and management out of California. They had some kind of lawsuit BS name change in Oklahoma several years ago. Their newer store is nice, produce sucks like most places, almost rotten by the time you get it home and slice it open. We had high hopes for Sprouts produce in BA, but have not found it to be any better. Really tired of cardboard tomatoes. The ones in cans are almost better.

Been getting the garden ready. Hope for some Global Warming next month.

marvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hear you. Too bad we can't have some common sense improvements like individuals being able to have wine shipped into the state and liquor at grocery stores. I hate having my selection of wine limited to what the distributors think I should have.

Wine/beer in grocery stores will result in FAR less selection than what is available at local spirit shop (not to mention likely putting some of the smaller ones out of business). Current grocery stores were not built with room to expand their alcohol sections-- likely meaning if that happens they will add top selling SKU's and call it good. My two cents...

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when Homeland took over the Safeway stores. We had one here in Claremore for awhile, but was not as good as Safeway. The old time Safeway was really good though.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember when Homeland took over the Safeway stores. We had one here in Claremore for awhile, but was not as good as Safeway. The old time Safeway was really good though.

Loved safeway. We had a store three blocks from the house when the kids were young. They had a path worn to the front door getting the occasional grocery item we forgot to pick up. Gave them a little money to put in the video game, and they were off running. :D

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wine/beer in grocery stores will result in FAR less selection than what is available at local spirit shop (not to mention likely putting some of the smaller ones out of business). Current grocery stores were not built with room to expand their alcohol sections-- likely meaning if that happens they will add top selling SKU's and call it good. My two cents...

All alcohol varieties, brand options, no time/day restrictions and available at corner stores/gas stations/grocery stores/drug stores/etc. It's not the government's responsibility to tell me what I can put in my body and when.

BUTT (Henry E Butts, that is) that is for another topical discussion. A second time voting for HEB. They have generics that rival most of the national brands and even beat them in taste or quality on some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom