Oklahoma Primary Election

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, obviously, a primary election is coming up and there are several things on the ballot.

I feel it is my obligation as a Citizen of this State to vote, but i've had preconceptions and ideas of what i wanted to vote for before and have changed my mind after hearing what some folks on this board thought. I think it is important to be open-minded and informed.

So i wanted to see what ya'll thought of the current field, and the SQs on the ballot this June 26.

we've got State Question 788 on the ballot to legalize medical Marijuana

and the following Republican primary candidates:

Infact, i have an article here where some of them share their thoughts on constitutional carry, so that might be of interest to you.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/photovide...n_6b97d554-52d2-11e8-bb95-6b9993708601.html#7

How's your representative doing?

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
788 prohibits forfeiture of ccl for mmj card holders, and there won't be reporting to feds anyway... 4473 asks about unlawful use, anyway, and since it would be lawful in ok, i don' see the problem with truthfully answering "no" on that queation...

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
788 prohibits forfeiture of ccl for mmj card holders, and there won't be reporting to feds anyway... 4473 asks about unlawful use, anyway, and since it would be lawful in ok, i don' see the problem with truthfully answering "no" on that queation...
Dual sovereignty. Even though the proposed Oklahoma statute would protect a carry permit, federal law still makes even simple possession of a firearm a crime if you're an unlawful user of marijuana, and marijuana would still be illegal at the federal level, so answering "no" wouldn't be truthful (and, in fact, a federal felony).

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not certain of anyone else’s reasoning for “yes” on 788. My reason is, to put it simply, logical consistency. It’s about liberty. Just as no government should be granted the authority to determine when or if you can defend yourself, so too should no government be granted the authority to determine what you may or may not put into your own body. Freedom is not guaranteed to be safe, and while I may never use illicit substances again given I value my sobriety of more than 2 years now, I do believe that this is a step in the right direction. However, I also believe that all the potheads that are pushing for this, not to imply that I believe only potheads are pushing for this, should just be honest and say that they want to get high.

Latest posts

Top Bottom