Opioid Crisis in OK; Who’s to Blame?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to throw this out for consideration too: This $572 million judgment, if upheld, is supposed to go to treatment and prevention programs. Now, if that happens; that is a good thing in itself. But will it? Or will it somehow not all be spent as it is said it will be? Remember all the things that were going to bail out the sorry state of affairs in education? This money, if it ever really comes, is going to go to the State. I hope we see it put to proper use.

Call me one with little faith.
You bet your ass it will be spent properly fund repairing the damaged caused.
Count on that for sure.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$500 million won't breathe one second of life back into my little sister who was one of those 6k referenced in the suit. May 2005 on pain pills from a car wreck just a few weeks before.

Nothing will change. The money will never be realized and if any of it does it'll be crapped away like everything else.

If we can use nuisance laws to do this what's to say we can't use them to go after alcohol? Heck that killed my little brother in March 2016 and I bet a whole lot more Okies that opiates ever could. Maybe we can sue Daylight Donuts and Pepsi for heart attacks and diabetes. Lord help you weed growers when they get ahold of you!

And if they can do this you can bet your arse they'll get around to Colt sooner than later. Isn't this the same argument they keep using there?

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$500 million won't breathe one second of life back into my little sister who was one of those 6k referenced in the suit. May 2004 on pain pills from a car wreck just a few weeks before.

Nothing will change. The money will never be realized and if any of it does it'll be crapped away like everything else.

If we can use nuisance laws to do this what's to say we can't use them to go after alcohol? Heck that killed my little brother in March 2016 and I bet a whole lot more Okies that opiates ever could. Maybe we can sue Daylight Donuts and Pepsi for heart attacks and diabetes. Lord help you weed growers when they get ahold of you!

And if they can do this you can bet your arse they'll get around to Colt sooner than later. Isn't this the same argument they keep using there?
I don't know which is worse, alcohol or opiates but I know something like 70k people died from opiates last year. More than alcohol and more that automobiles.
Used to, car fatalities were the top killer but no longer.
Very sorry about your family members who passed

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like the gun debate the user is responsible not the product. No more than an AR15 is responsible for a school shooting
Not at all the same. Now if a gun manufacturer was selling billions of trillions of rifles that are know to blow up when you fire them, thus blowing people's face off but the manufacturer was telling the public that these are a very safe gun... That would be a good comparison. It's apples and gummy bears different as it it.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to disagree entirely, but i believe there are instances where drug companies pushed incentives for doctors to prescribe these drugs for ailments that the drug wasn't approved for. And wasn't there a company that shipped something like ~21 million pain pills to a town of 3,000 people or some such? While perhaps not illegal, certainly should have raised some concern. Heck, a friend's parents own a soap company and get calls from the ATF for ordering large quantities of fragrances...

We want to hold the users accountable, which i do agree with, yet why are we willing to give a pass to the people who knowingly engaged in false marketing, kickback programs for outside uses meant to boost sales or for willful ignorance to potential problems?

@donner; Why would the ATF care about fragrances used to make soap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom