PC overload!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did anyone actually see the commercial? It was poor timing, not racism and the commercial was pretty funny I thought, but aired back to back was interesting.

The first shot of the commercial is a black hand on a ring. You assume it's a commercial featuring this young lady, and a monkey shows up. I doubt seriously there was ill intent, but the racial implications are tough to ignore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1iUSARF_v4

food for thought.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm just opposed to using primates in commercials period. Before the inevitable anti PETA backlash to this, I am even more opposed to them, but I've never liked monkeys in commercials. Probably just gets down to the fact that I don't like monkeys.

I think the current flap stems from all the anti-media feelings that are rampant right now.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's an idea. Why don't we quit being hyphenated Americans. That is racism to me...

Hey I take offense to that! I'm an American-American. Or maybe an Oklahoman-American. I need special treatment since no one understands the struggles under which I've perserveered. I don't have my own special week or month where everyone takes note of my struggles and tells me that I'm lucky to have lived and not become food for wolves. Love me. I need a group hug.

I have a fear of clowns.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the PC society we all want - enjoy it. It'll only get worse from here.

I wonder if anyone would have made a fuss if they showed a Ritz commercial after Phelp's won the gold?

Who says we all want a PC society? I would rather everyone just spoke their mind as truthfully as possible.

V@rmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey I take offense to that! I'm an American-American. Or maybe an Oklahoman-American. I need special treatment since no one understands the struggles under which I've perserveered. I don't have my own special week or month where everyone takes note of my struggles and tells me that I'm lucky to have lived and not become food for wolves. Love me. I need a group hug.

I have a fear of clowns.

You should'nt fear clowns!! Fear breeds hate and hate leads to racism. Clowns for the most part are a gentle careing race of people who just happen to look and act a little different than most of us.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick,

NBC and their comrades MSNBC have been in the PC boat and far far up the creek for years. Sometimes I watch it if I'm ill and feel the need to throw up. For some time now they do everything they possibly can to produce a "touchy-feely" spin on everything they do except when talking about conservatives. It's like the Olympics every day for them! I honestly think it gets them off judging by the effort they put into it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom