Plantar Fasciitis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have it too. good shoes and good insoles but at night when you are at home freeze some water in a bottle and roll it back and forth under your feet. that helps alot and what bb said too.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife had it and did stretches while home in the evenings with a belt around the top of the foot.
Neighbor was cured by a chiropractor here in Yukon for hers.
The doc said have you ever had a baby? Have you ever passed a gall stone? well what I am about to do to your foot is 10X worse.

She said he took is thumbs and pushed super hard against the sole of her feet and stretched and pushed his thumbs along her foot. Fixed it!

I do not know if it was 1 time or many.

Okiedog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had it in my right foot. Got 2 steroid shots and did a lot of stretches and started wearing the $40 insoles. The dr. did not recommend the custom ones as he didn't believe the extra cost was justified. Was about to get the 3rd shot and started seeing a reflexologist. Have been seeing her once a month for about 6 months and have been having no problems.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have it too. good shoes and good insoles but at night when you are at home freeze some water in a bottle and roll it back and forth under your feet. that helps alot and what bb said too.

i'm going to try this tonight. both heels hurt but the left is worse. really starting to make me hobble and i'm only 49 damnit!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Solution for me (both feet) was time and proper footwear. Don't wear flip-flops unless they have some serious arch support, and preferably not even then.

When you do everything right, it is not unusual to take 8-9 months to recover.

hoo-t

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also have orthotic inserts from an orthopedist in Yukon. While they do help, they don't solve the problem (for me). One VERY interesting thing I noticed though...I lost a fair amount of weight for a while, and the pain went away. I have recently put that weight back on and the pain is back.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also have orthotic inserts from an orthopedist in Yukon. While they do help, they don't solve the problem (for me). One VERY interesting thing I noticed though...I lost a fair amount of weight for a while, and the pain went away. I have recently put that weight back on and the pain is back.

PF is often triggered by sudden weight gain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom