Pod Casts - What's your choice/recommendation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, like a lot of us I am working remotely which I don't particularly enjoy but don't really have a choice in the matter. I usually am walking construction sites and visiting contractors office during normal times. Now, until further notice, I making all my calls via phone and email so I have a lot of desk time.

What pod casts do you listen to? I don't care what topics interest you; who/what do you listen to that you'd recommend? The one I listen to most is Dan Bongino. Occasionally, the The Federalist and to Mark Levin but that is about it. Please broaden my listening horizon. Thanks

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, like a lot of us I am working remotely which I don't particularly enjoy but don't really have a choice in the matter. I usually am walking construction sites and visiting contractors office during normal times. Now, until further notice, I making all my calls via phone and email so I have a lot of desk time.

What pod casts do you listen to? I don't care what topics interest you; who/what do you listen to that you'd recommend? The one I listen to most is Dan Bongino. Occasionally, the The Federalist and to Mark Levin but that is about it. Please broaden my listening horizon. Thanks
Since your a hunter, I'd suggest https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...podcast&txt=The Wandering Wingshooter Podcast
Available on iTunes, Stitcher and GooglePlay
He is an avid quail hunter in NW Oklahoma that does interviews with the ODW biologist and quail hunters from across the country like how to dissect a 200 acre patch of habitat to reduce the walking when hunting quail.
He also has a YouTube Channel.
https://redirect.viglink.com/?forma...www.youtube.com/channel/UC2z...7lI9Y_-KUC5vXg

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My main podcast is Daily Tech News Show by Tom Merritt, Sarah Lane, Roger Chang, and a rotating list of co-hosts. They cover tech news, and they do an outstanding job of keeping politics out of it. They also have special episodes, usually one per week, like Tom's Editor's Desk, where he has covered topics like how they put together the lineup of stories and how to think critically about stories, and "explainers," where he goes more in-depth on a technology.

Mike Rowe's The Way I Heard It is also very good, sort of a modern interpretation of Paul Harvey's The Rest of the Story. Mike is a busy guy, so it's usually, but not always, a once per week podcast.

Justin Robert Young's Raise the Dead is really good political history, but it's structured more like a serialized story broken up into "seasons" (with only one season released so far; the second is in production). Season 1 is about the Nixon vs. Kennedy election.

Heres the description from the pilot episode:
Who reminds you of Donald Trump more? John F. Kennedy or Richard Nixon?

Keep that thought to yourself for a second as I remind you that JFK and Nixon ran against each other in 1960. A member of a popular two-term administration ran against a phenom running without permission. The race saw a revolutionary use of new media. The side that lost tells anyone who will listen that nefarious outside help tipped the election.

This is the story of 1960 and if we'd known more about it we'd have been less surprised when the events replayed themselves in 2016.

John F. Kennedy only won one race for the White House and his slogan for that race was "Get American Moving Again"

News dies and becomes history, but tonight? We Raise the Dead.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are May that are gun related but kind of boring but good for chatter on long car rides. I like radio lab for running and the variety of topics. It is great for filing hours of road time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mike Ritland and Jocko have good podcast.

Mike Ritland interviews Mike Day, retired Navy SEAL, recipient of the Navy Cross, shot 27 times with an M4, 9mm pistol, and AK. Eleven of those hit his SAPI plate. I listen to these while at work.

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Team Never Quit with Marcus Luttrell is inspirational if you have an hour. Gun Talk has the 3 hours of weekly radio and an extra hour after each show and I second Mike Rowe for short stories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackRiflesBoy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Joe Rogan. He interviews well and can have a conversation with anyone and get them comfortable enough to talk freely. Bill Burr is a good one for funny rants. I am a huge fan of The Office, so I've been listening to the Office Ladies Podcast on Earwolf. Jenna Fischer and Angela Kinsey are going episode by episode and talking about behind the scenes stuff, funny stories, and often have guests who were on or helped make the show.

Latest posts

Top Bottom