Poll on shotgun vs. handgun for home defense ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
And that would be because they don't practice enough. Whatever you're shooting, you need to get it down to muscle memory, so you always do it correctly. NOT saying you're wrong. Just that there is a way to avoid that sort of mistake. I, personally, don't own a semi-auto shotgun. Never found one that I liked and could afford, and found bunches of pump shotguns that I like and (at least occasionally) could afford.
True, one can become proficient at operating the gun, or buy a gun that doesn't require any proficiency to operate or both lol. A couple of the guys that I've seen short stroke their pumps were older than me, and had been using them every year for waterfowl for 20-30y. It's not a matter of if but when with a pump, it will happen.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So now I have to ask, for those who don't prefer a semi-auto shotgun over a pump, do you also prefer a revolver over a semi-auto pistol? I doubt if very many carry a revolver every day because they don't trust the functionality of a semi-auto pistol.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I retract the oven spray. I think I'll now go with carb cleaner with the straw attached so it has more range, and is much easier to "shoot from the hip". If I had any, I'd keep it in the fridge so the cold stream would cause them to inhale rapidly there by ingesting more the the burny chemical goodness! I could also use it to remove pesky price stickers.... If I had any.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now I have to ask, for those who don't prefer a semi-auto shotgun over a pump, do you also prefer a revolver over a semi-auto pistol? I doubt if very many carry a revolver every day because they don't trust the functionality of a semi-auto pistol.
I like revolvers AND semi-auto pistols. And test the semi-auto pistols as frequently as I can to make sure they're reliable. So far, so good. Revolver will be close at hand, just in case.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I retract the oven spray. I think I'll now go with carb cleaner with the straw attached so it has more range, and is much easier to "shoot from the hip". If I had any, I'd keep it in the fridge so the cold stream would cause them to inhale rapidly there by ingesting more the the burny chemical goodness! I could also use it to remove pesky price stickers.... If I had any.
Why not use the wasp spray they say it will shot 30 ft that way you can also get the guy in the getaway car from the from door lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom