Poll on shotgun vs. handgun for home defense ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So now I have to ask, for those who don't prefer a semi-auto shotgun over a pump, do you also prefer a revolver over a semi-auto pistol? I doubt if very many carry a revolver every day because they don't trust the functionality of a semi-auto pistol.
Some may prefer a pump and/or revolver for home defense simply because of being familiar with operating them.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the threat is in the house, I let the wife handle it with her feet, hands and nunchucks all the while the dog is bringing blood, pain and crying upon the threat. They’re both vicious.

Last edited:

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the threat is in the house, I let the wife handle it with her feet, hands and nunchucks all the while the dog is bringing blood, pain and crying upon the threat. They’re both vicious.
Obviously MrGlock is an old school male chauvinist......inside the home walls for wifey; outside the walls for hubby....... :) :) :)

cboss

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't currently own a shotgun, though I do plan on remedying that by the end of the year. Thinking maybe a Maverick88 with a folding stock or a Kel-Tec KS7, due to having a very narrow staircase to come down if I need to check out a bump in the night. For years my nightstand gun of choice was my S&W M&P 40, but I bought a new nightstand gun because I'm trying to consolidate calibers to 9mm. Currently my go-to is my Beretta APX A1 with 21rd mags full of 124gr HST's

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rhett Neumayer of Demonstrated Concepts has discussed the Shockwave equipped firearms for the last few years and how to use them effectively.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rhett Neumayer of Demonstrated Concepts has discussed the Shockwave equipped firearms for the last few years and how to use them effectively.

It's difficult to get over old habits or muscle-memory.
- Neither the Mossberg 'Shockwave' nor the Remington 'Tac-14' were designed to be fired from the shoulder like a typical shotgun. They are intended to be 'hip-fired' which is why they have a hand safety-strap on the front-end to help manage recoil, do not come with a rear sight, and are classed a 'Firearm' rather than a 'shotgun' which, by ATF definition, is designed to be shoulder-fired.
- In fact the ONLY thing that keeps these firearms from being classed as a SBS is because the overall length of 26.5" which is a factory specification (as opposed to self-modification - i.e. sawed-off) exceeds the maximum overall-length for an SBS (=< 26") as defined by the ATF (as well as many states).
- One major problem with this being a 'hip-fired' weapon was the difficulty in accurate targeting, so Mossberg addressed this with a model that now includes an integrated CrimsonTrace receiver mounted laser for better target acquisition.

Last edited:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What an ignorant idiot.
- Neither the Mossberg 'Shockwave' nor the Remington 'Tac-14' were designed to be fired from the shoulder like a typical shotgun. They are intended to be 'hip-fired' which is why they have a hand safety-strap on the front-end to help manage recoil, do not come with a rear sight, and are classed as an All Other Weapon (AOW) rather than a 'shotgun' which, by ATF definition, is designed to be shoulder-fired.
- In fact the ONLY thing that keeps these firearms from being classed as a SBS instead of an AOW is because the overall length of 26.5" which is a factory specification (as opposed to self-modification - i.e. sawed-off) exceeds the maximum overall-length for an SBS (=< 26") as defined by the ATF (as well as many states).
- One major problem with this being a 'hip-fired' weapon was the difficulty in accurate targeting, so Mossberg addressed this with a model that now includes an integrated CrimsonTrace receiver mounted laser for better target acquisition.

Are you serious? The Mossberg Shockwave isn’t an AOW because that would also make them an NFA regulated firearms requiring a tax stamp. You’re other comments are equally ignorant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom