Precious Metal stacking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In every economic situation there is going to be the "haves" and the "have nots". The people that have everything they need to survive don't need what you have. Meaning if you are hungry and everything you have of value to trade isn't needed or wanted by the guy who has food for you
If I have all the food I need (and then some) in some crazy collapsed society event, chances are I will not be standing on my roof top shouting "I HAVE FOOD! DO YOU WANT TO BUY SOME?"

So the guy with no food and loads of precious metals will not know, they will starve and all the metals they stored will be left buried in the ground for someone else to find!

Also...... In such a event.......

How would a person who had more food than they needed trust a outsider to make a trade of some "gold" for grub?

How would they know if they was walking into a trap to robbed of their food? Killed for their stores!

How would the person with the extra food know whether your gold or silver is not fake? Or partially faked?
Gold bars from reputable mints have been split in half, hollowed out and filled in with lead and put back together, probably soldered with gold at the seam, reworked so no one could notice by eye

You can see my green beans are real.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll need fifty US $20 coins to get that coop, chickens and some feed!

In shtf we go by face value! Lol
20240111_112011.jpg
this face has a value of $1700. When the SHTF, gold will still be king.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol!

That could be gold plated lead for all I know!

When shtf I would not give you a pound of green beans for it!
In your scenario of SHTF, do you expect to continue to live similarly to the way you do now? What if you have to bug out? What if you can't grow green beans? Seems to me you plan on just growing food all year round everywhere you go. Well, that's not very smart planning. Have you not seen one episode of the Walking Dead? Having something to barter with when your on the run from zombies is smart prepping. Maybe I should stack fruit jars for people like you. I'm sure you would give me what ever I wanted for a few fruit jars so you could have some green beans come winter time.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In your scenario of SHTF, do you expect to continue to live similarly to the way you do now? What if you have to bug out? What if you can't grow green beans? Seems to me you plan on just growing food all year round everywhere you go. Well, that's not very smart planning. Have you not seen one episode of the Walking Dead? Having something to barter with when your on the run from zombies is smart prepping. Maybe I should stack fruit jars for people like you. I'm sure you would give me what ever I wanted for a few fruit jars so you could have some green beans come winter time.

So, anything more than you can carry is a waste? You're not going to barter very long.

Latest posts

Top Bottom