Precious Metal stacking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
That’s kinda the big ‘what if’. If the economy completely tanks, currency will be useless. I don’t care how much money you have if 50k gets you a tent and a loaf of bread.
Sure precious metals will still have value but will they follow in the footsteps of the dollar? Maybe, maybe not.
Will a thousand dollar gold coin be worth a thousand dollars. I hope we don’t have to find out.
To me, PM’s are just another form of money. So, stack it all to buffer the outcome.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s kinda the big ‘what if’. If the economy completely tanks, currency will be useless. I don’t care how much money you have if 50k gets you a tent and a loaf of bread.
Sure precious metals will still have value but will they follow in the footsteps of the dollar? Maybe, maybe not.
Will a thousand dollar gold coin be worth a thousand dollars. I hope we don’t have to find out.
To me, PM’s are just another form of money. So, stack it all to buffer the outcome.
I think a lot of people will not need or think precious metals aren't worth anything, but for the people who have everything you need something to trade with them. Gold has been considered valuable for thousands of years. The US economy collapse ain't gonna change that. Someone will always be willing to trade for gold. It's just how much gold is it gonna cost you will be the question.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sure precious metals will still have value but will they follow in the footsteps of the dollar?
No - if the dollar dies, gold will be priced in many other nation's currencies - as well as have a value all on it's own.
Exactly how I see it.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we collapse and hyperinflate? Or IF we collapse and currency becomes scarce? Not very long ago there was a nation who's people used laundry detergent as currency. I think there is a plan afloat to replace the currency with a digital wallet?

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
Idk man, I know if I'm starving I'd way rather have a bag of rice or a can of beans over a bar of gold.
In every economic situation there is going to be the "haves" and the "have nots". The people that have everything they need to survive don't need what you have. Meaning if you are hungry and everything you have of value to trade isn't needed or wanted by the guy who has food for you, my guess is he will probably take gold since it's been that way from the dawn of time. Money will always come back in some form or another. Gold has just been the standard. Remember, bullets and food get used up and go bad, gold lasts forever. You bury it in the ground with nothing to protect it, it will be there forever, unchanged... until someone digs it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom