Prescription drugs, do you keep what's left over after you get better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually give them to my 8 and 10 year old kids to take to school and make some money to buy some PS3 games. They sell like hot cakes. JK. Pain pills we keep until they expire, then smash and trash.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I save most of mine. I was looking for some aspirin and found some oxy I was prescribed in 1998. I think it was time to throw them away.

Tully

Marksman
Reaction score
I keep mine too. Lots of pain pills that may come in handy some day. Just an FYI, where I work if you have an accident you are automatically drug tested. One person recently was tested and it indicated pain medication. He didn't have a valid prescription for it (valid as in not expired) and was terminated. I know, slim chance but food for thought.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
With teenagers in the house I never thought it was a great idea to keep certain things around...narcotics, benzos, etc.

This right here. I cought my oldest selling pills about 7 yrs ago. I reamed his azz and told him unlabled pills were a felony. We went home and I realized some old pill bottles were almost empty. Since then, I lock pills up. He didn't even know what they were, he just said kids wanted to buy them.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't really even taken much of anything other than the occasional antibiotic and even that is rare so there's just not much to keep at my house.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep them. You never know when you're going to need them. Speaking of tossing them, I read that the drug content of city water systems including stuff like sex hormones and antibiotics is growing.

ugly_f9j8j.jpg

Explains a lot

Latest posts

Top Bottom