Prescription drugs, do you keep what's left over after you get better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep them if I have any left over. I usually have pain pills as my wife and I don't take them unless we're in dire pain. We each have a full bottle or 30 or so Norco on hand. Heck, mine is a complete bottle as I was off of them but used my refill just in case; for 80-something cents, why not?!

I always finish my antibiotics. She's pretty bad about NOT finishing antibiotics (shame on her, but they do rough up her GI tract badly), but I keep hers just in case. A cut on a toe that gets a bit hot and flush can be easily treated with her leftover antibiotic and topical creams and save myself a trip to the doctor. I write on the lid what the med was prescribed for (i.e. infection in laceration, sinus infection, etc.) so I have an idea which may work for what ailment.

After they reach a couple years old though, they get flushed. If I went that long, then they're just clutter. All of this said though, I avoid pills if I have to, but a bad bout of the flu and a case of MRSA made me think otherwise. MRSA is not to be effed with.

Bad shot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, you bought your drugs when you needed them, used some, plenty left over.
What do you do with the left over drugs? Keep'em or toss'em?

My question is..!
Why are you asking such a question, is this gun related or drug related.?
It's been a long time since I've been on Okie shooters,
maybe you can inform me to what is going on here.
Guns and drugs are lethal, legal or not.
I only shoot when it is absolutely necessary, I take (presription ONLY) drugs
when it is absolutely necessary..any left over pills could turn bad, (I burn them). Bad shot

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is..!
when it is absolutely necessary..any left over pills could turn bad, (I burn them). Bad shot

Dude ... you need to stand upwind of those burning drugs ... just saying ...

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think Tulsa has a hazardous waste disposal day once or twice a year and Rx drugs are one the list of items they will dispose of. I guess there are concerns of all those drugs making it into the ground and water.

Doctorjj's Cipro comment reminded me that I know a doctor who carries some basic Rx medications while travelling away from home. I guess you never know when you might get sick.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
havent been sick and havent seen a doctor since I got out of the service in 1999. just saying.... wait take that back. Got a vasectomy and got pain pills last December...still havent taken any. The bottle sits in my dresser.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My question is..!

I was like:

[Broken External Image]

Dude ... you need to stand upwind of those burning drugs ... just saying ...

Then I was like:

asfbaytimeless.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_02_492px_Theodore_Roosevelt_laughing_246x300.jpg

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep mine and my parents keep thiers, saved me a bunch of money on co-pays when i got hurt a few months ago because my mom had the exact pain killers they prescribed, my copay was going to be 125 for them.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the best way to store leftover meds? I know somebody mentioned the refridgerator and I've heard the bathroom isn't a good place because of humidity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom