Prescription drugs, do you keep what's left over after you get better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was wondering if I am the only person that squirrels them in the fridge for when I need them. Many people just tosh them.
I keep everything except antibiotics that need to be finished once started.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Generally any antibiotics are used up but if we have pain pills we'll hold on to them in case of emergencies (aka I lifted something heavy like a moron).

1911Nut

Marksman
Reaction score
Depends on what they are. Pain Killer I will keep, Antibiotics should never have any left over unless specifically directed to by your Dr.

I have had some pills in the past for thing like nausea and extreme diarrhea from a bad stomach virus. I kept the left overs just in case I needed them in the future.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cap'n Crunch is some of the best medicine known to man.

Indeed. Cap'n Crunch and and a dose of old cartoons is not given the respect it deserves by the medical community.

I don't believe in pinochle and I don't believe I'll try.
I do believe in Cap'n Crunch, for I am the Frizzle Fry.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem with keeping them. The military did some studies regarding old drugs, i.e. past the expiration date and the take home message is that expirations dates are BS.

Call me paranoid but I always keep a big bottle of Cipro around just in case.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Until I was married, I rarely filled them to begin with. Now I have to fill them. I still rarely take them and never all of them. But now my wife hoards them all. If the SHTF, she'll open a pharmacy.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem with keeping them. The military did some studies regarding old drugs, i.e. past the expiration date and the take home message is that expirations dates are BS.

Call me paranoid but I always keep a big bottle of Cipro around just in case.

Afraid you'll open an envelope one day to find a bunch of white powder puffing out?
:bigeye:
:yikes2:
:faint:

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep them. You never know when you're going to need them. Speaking of tossing them, I read that the drug content of city water systems including stuff like sex hormones and antibiotics is growing.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pain meds/muscle relaxers, I rarely even fill them. Half the time I'm prescribed pain killers it's 800 mg ibuprofen which is already in the house in 200 mg form, so if I feel the need for it I'll take a couple to start and a couple more an hour later if the first 2 weren't enough.

I'm scared of Rx's. The only scripts I fill and use regularly are my Ventolin and Flomax inhalers for my asthma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom