Prescription drugs, do you keep what's left over after you get better?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow.... can't believe how many narcotics people are getting. But then again, I guess it explains why every other person I see in the ER is on chronic narcotics.

Buncha druggies....

:P

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doctorjj's Cipro comment reminded me that I know a doctor who carries some basic Rx medications while travelling away from home. I guess you never know when you might get sick.

That's how it started with me. I was at the gate at Tulsa airport going overseas when I started feeling sick. I returned home and then straight for the emergency room where I passed a kidney stone. I will not leave for a long trip without the pain killers I saved since that time in my carry on bag.
The problem with this type of drugs is that they are so controlled that the Dr will not prescribe them for me just in case.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only shoot when it is absolutely necessary,
I take (presription ONLY) drugs when it is absolutely necessary..any left over pills could turn bad, (I burn them). Bad shot

What?

1. I shoot whenever it is possible. It is called practice.
2. when you burn them, do you use ZigZag or Big Bambu?
3. They don't really go bad. Not quickly. The expiration date is mainly there to protect the manufacturer.

Dave

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What?

1. I shoot whenever it is possible. It is called practice.
2. when you burn them, do you use ZigZag or Big Bambu?
3. They don't really go bad. Not quickly. The expiration date is mainly there to protect the manufacturer.

Dave

They do actually become significantly less-effective over time. I know some drugs where the effect is noticeable within about 6 months after expiration. I wouldn't bother with stuff more than a year out of date or so, unless it's a last-ditch and you have no other choice. The potency and shelf-life has been extensively studied and documented and varies significantly not only by drug but by storage method, as well, i.e., temp, light exposure, air exposure, etc.

Don't bet your life on expired meds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom