Recipies for Turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any good recipies for Wild Turkey?(the food....not the drink) I am thinking of making turkey fajitas out of mine but would loves to hear of other recipe successes.:thumbup3::thanku:

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whole bird or just breasted out?

Either way, I like to get Stubs Chicken Marinade. Strain it, inject the strained marinade, rub the strained seasonings all over the bird. If whole, put in a pan with cup of water cover with tin foil, cook in the oven at 350 until done. If breasted out, I'll do the same for the meat, but cook it in a crockpot with diced onions and peppers.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always breast out my birds, so I've made it into turkey and noodles, using the same recipe as chicken and noodles.
Slice it into strips and chicken fry it.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beer battered and fried in strips is how we did the boys this year and it was awesome. I like to dip mine in honey........don't judge me! My family ate half of a breast so I still have one to work with if anyone has a knock out recipe to share.

CCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The bird I killed with my kids.....they liked it best grilled over charcoal with some pecan wood thrown onto the coals to make good smoke. I cut the turkey breast into good sized pieces and put it on the grill once the coals were good and hot and the the pecan was smoking. Grilled till medium doneness.....very tastey with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. That is how the kids ate it.....I used the rest to make some Turkey Soft tacos for myself:thumb:

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been trying to figure out what to do with my first bird. I have thought about cream cheese, jalapeno, wild turkey and a 1/2 piece of bacon all rolled up and grilled. Sounds like it would be good, it has bacon so i cant go wrong...right?

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the thighs for fajitas. Cut breast into strips, tenderize, egg and flour or just flour seasoned to taste, fry (skillet or deep) dont over cook.
I also keep the gizzard, liver, heart, and nuts, deep fried.

Latest posts

Top Bottom