Recipies for Turkey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shady

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been trying to figure out what to do with my first bird. I have thought about cream cheese, jalapeno, wild turkey and a 1/2 piece of bacon all rolled up and grilled. Sounds like it would be good, it has bacon so i cant go wrong...right?

:blush:Oh my.......I am feeling something funny going on...........:blush:

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone have any good recipies for Wild Turkey?(the food....not the drink) I am thinking of making turkey fajitas out of mine but would loves to hear of other recipe successes.:thumbup3::thanku:

You cant go wrong with the fajitas.. for a 20# tom we cut breast into small strips, then use 1 pack of fajita seasoning, one onion and one bell pepper.. good stuff.. I have done the deep frying strips too and its good also.

I want to try and smoke one here pretty quick, just gotta figure out how to do that without drying it out..

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Breast it out...cut into chunks, season, roll in flour, and toss into fry-daddy...Turkey nuggets. Smoke the drumsticks (they charge you $8 apiece for those at the state fair), then use the back and thighs for noodles.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've tried that in the past, but have a hard time keeping it lit.
:pms2::pms2: Sorry I had to do it:D

I tried to smoke one once, and it dried out pretty bad. I'm thinking the bacon wrap may be the way to go if smoking, or maybe Injected ??

Yes, only way to smoke it, is inject it. Rub the breast as well, not that breast, the turkey silly. It creates a nice skin that has good flavor if you rub it right. The breast will be moist on the inside.

PTwake04

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You cant go wrong with the fajitas.. for a 20# tom we cut breast into small strips, then use 1 pack of fajita seasoning, one onion and one bell pepper.. good stuff.. I have done the deep frying strips too and its good also.

I want to try and smoke one here pretty quick, just gotta figure out how to do that without drying it out..

gotta kill one first

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree...a good rub, inject it, then try smoking it uncovered for about an hour, take it out, wrap it in foil, then smoke it for another hour or so. This will not only keep the moisture in, but make it "falling off the bone" tender.

Latest posts

Top Bottom