Remember record stores?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The sidewalk at the Peaches building still has the handprints in the concrete from all the bands.

Screenshot 2024-01-19 214406.png

Okie_dave

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I started buying 45s in grade school then 33 1/3s in Jr. Had 8 track and cassettes in the 70s for car tunes. Started buying CDs in the 90s. Still buy albums and CDs now and then at flea markets and estate sales.

I have over a 1000 albums and at least that many CDs. Have converted many to MP3.

Have an old school Marantz in the Living Room and Marantz in my office upstairs. Both with turntables. Shop have a Harman Kardon amp with a 200 CD changer.

Love my music.

Attachments

• 20180426_074807[1].jpg
    20180426_074807[1].jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the mid 70's,,,
Going to Tower Records was a treat.

Spend an hour or more flipping through the album crates,,,
Hopefully meet a chick who shared your taste,,,
And let things progress from there.

Buy an album,,,
Head to her or your place,,,
Listen to some tunes and get busy.

Damn but I miss those 70's!

Aarond

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I discovered an entire world of music that I never knew existed in Hastings. I usually did most of my record shopping at good ol Wally World, but they only carried popular stuff and God forbid if it had spicy lyrics. You were lucky if you found any Motley Crue or Metallica there.

At Hastings, I discovered bands like Dead Kennedys, Anthrax, S.O.D. (Stormtroopers of Death), Exodus, Nuclear Assault and the Misfits, just to name a few. And imports as well. I never knew what an import was until I saw Metallica: Creeping Death/Am I Evil?/Blitzkrieg. After that, I was hooked.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The other one I visited was somewhere around 89th and Western. Its name also escapes me, but they specialized in “oldies” (‘50s-‘70s rock, the same stuff you’d hear on KOMA at the time).

Happy Days Records --- i worked at 89th and Walker in high school for a dog groomer

Rainbow records was always a cool place to visit, but i was from Moore so didnt get to that part of town often

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I discovered an entire world of music that I never knew existed in Hastings. I usually did most of my record shopping at good ol Wally World, but they only carried popular stuff and God forbid if it had spicy lyrics. You were lucky if you found any Motley Crue or Metallica there.

At Hastings, I discovered bands like Dead Kennedys, Anthrax, S.O.D. (Stormtroopers of Death), Exodus, Nuclear Assault and the Misfits, just to name a few. And imports as well. I never knew what an import was until I saw Metallica: Creeping Death/Am I Evil?/Blitzkrieg. After that, I was hooked.

Latest posts

Top Bottom