Remember When?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbirch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
image.jpg

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those days are not gone yet. After the first of the year I ordered Gen3 Pmags and received them in less than 2 weeks. The people that are buying everything that they can get their hands on for resale is what is hurting everyone. I know several people that had purchased a new weapon platform, caliber etc in early to mid December. And now they are unable to purchase mags, ammo and parts due to those that buy everything that is on the shelf to resell to make an extra buck.
Then there are all those people that camp out at Academy or stand around every morning at Wal Mart waiting on Fed Ex and UPS to arrive just to purchase the only AR15 type rifle or handful of Pmags etc that may be received for the week. Then of course a lot of those guns and mags turn up here and on armslist for sale at double the paid price. That is what is causing much of the problem of supply and demand we are all facing today and some here seem to be fine with it.

I am sure that some of these guns are being sold to people that the seller has no idea of who they are or if they are selling it to someone on a straw purchase. Most probably do not care as long as they double their money as quick as possible. But when one of these "quick profit" guns is the next one used by someone that is mentally unstable in a mass shooting or in Mexico, that "quick profit" will not be near as cool as it was. The amount of "quick profit" will not even come close to paying a retainer for the type of attorney that will be needed to defend yourself against the US Attorney and ATF. There is no doubt that a easy to prove case of someone dealing without a license will be made an example of and hurting everyone of us as we fight to continue to enjoy our 2A rights for the time being. I'm sure that there will be a few say "I'm not dealing without a license". Do not count on that for a solid defense, it will not work out well for you in the climate today in Washington.
I have no problem with people that are truly purchasing guns and ammo for their own use. But please remember our other members and friends that need ammo etc and possibly buy what you need instead of everything on the shelf. I for one am glad to hear of the new Academy temp policy on guns and ammo since some are unable to control themselves with purchasing.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those days are not gone yet. After the first of the year I ordered Gen3 Pmags and received them in less than 2 weeks. The people that are buying everything that they can get their hands on for resale is what is hurting everyone. I know several people that had purchased a new weapon platform, caliber etc in early to mid December. And now they are unable to purchase mags, ammo and parts due to those that buy everything that is on the shelf to resell to make an extra buck.
Then there are all those people that camp out at Academy or stand around every morning at Wal Mart waiting on Fed Ex and UPS to arrive just to purchase the only AR15 type rifle or handful of Pmags etc that may be received for the week. Then of course a lot of those guns and mags turn up here and on armslist for sale at double the paid price. That is what is causing much of the problem of supply and demand we are all facing today and some here seem to be fine with it.

I am sure that some of these guns are being sold to people that the seller has no idea of who they are or if they are selling it to someone on a straw purchase. Most probably do not care as long as they double their money as quick as possible. But when one of these "quick profit" guns is the next one used by someone that is mentally unstable in a mass shooting or in Mexico, that "quick profit" will not be near as cool as it was. The amount of "quick profit" will not even come close to paying a retainer for the type of attorney that will be needed to defend yourself against the US Attorney and ATF. There is no doubt that a easy to prove case of someone dealing without a license will be made an example of and hurting everyone of us as we fight to continue to enjoy our 2A rights for the time being. I'm sure that there will be a few say "I'm not dealing without a license". Do not count on that for a solid defense, it will not work out well for you in the climate today in Washington.
I have no problem with people that are truly purchasing guns and ammo for their own use. But please remember our other members and friends that need ammo etc and possibly buy what you need instead of everything on the shelf. I for one am glad to hear of the new Academy temp policy on guns and ammo since some are unable to control themselves with purchasing.

I'd like this post if I could.

Latest posts

Top Bottom