Road rage against motorcyclist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have yet to understand what's wrong with running from a man who tried to kill you, please explain how a 400 pound bike is any match for a 6000 pound truck being driven by a crazy person.

As for the following bike, tell me that you wouldn't try to help your friend from being murdered. The guy following knows the truck driver wants to kill his friend what better than to help or if you can't get it on video so the guy goes to jail for a long time. Without that video, if the truck was successful in running the bike off the road it would have been chocked up as a moron on a bike or an "organ donor" as some people like to call them and no one would think twice about it.

It appears that some people just don't like bikes or the people who ride them. The two guys on bikes were minding their own business, not hurting anyone. The only party that tried to do harm was the truck driver.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy driving the truck is seriously lucky not to have ended up with that tire iron in his ass... There is no call for that kind of thing regardless of what's going on. Write the bikers a ticket if that makes you feel better, but there's no excuse for trying to run those guys off the road.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's easy to tell who the bikers are in this thread and which ones have no clue. Have you never been behind Johnny Redneck out for a leisurely drive that seems to be going nowhere? Even in a car?
I've done it before. Pass slow moving vehicles in no-passsing zones because you just want to ride (or drive). If you don't ride, you'll never understand. It hurts no one if done safely, and surely you can admit that you can pass safely even though there is a double yellow.
The second bike was smart to not try to pass the redneck. He was also smart to stay with him since he was between him and his friend and the guy was definitely suffering road rage. I really fail to see how the bikers were the 'dum basses' in this situation.
Biggsly, hopefully you allowed your brain to have a second thought on this situation.

It's these exact people that are the reason I don't ride much anymore.

Just to see it from our perspective this is what happens when a vehicle taps you, what would happen if that guy really nailed the bike?

And if the guy got tapped just like that at 50 or 60 mph what would have been the outcome?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i've been riding for close to 40 years. EVERYONE in this video is in the wrong. by the look of the road, there were many areas that were prolly posted at 30-35. these guys were clearly exceding that.usually the only time rice burners are filming is to show you how far they can do a wheelie or how far they can get over on the "chicken strip" of the back tire. i'm not doggin on bikers,just making an observation.

the truck driver was definitly in the wrong. the fact that he got a DUI impaired his judgment. he was most likely tired of the crotch rockets burning up the roads. i only saw other rice burners in the video, another observation. he should have made repeated calls to the sheriff and the road may have been staked out. maybe he already tried that with no results.

i can't find a side to land on on the this one. maybe the truck drivers kids had a near miss with a bike which would even out the frustration.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've been riding for close to 40 years. EVERYONE in this video is in the wrong. by the look of the road, there were many areas that were prolly posted at 30-35. these guys were clearly exceding that.usually the only time rice burners are filming is to show you how far they can do a wheelie or how far they can get over on the "chicken strip" of the back tire. i'm not doggin on bikers,just making an observation.
comments about that stretch of hwy..

"It's Kentucky Hwy 22 in Bracken County, 55 mph.Prior to passing, the bikes are doing 58 mph."

"Prior to passing the truck the bikes were traveling about 58 mph. In a 55 zone. The truck is moving a lot slower. The road length is about 5 miles and it takes almost 8 minutes to drive it in the video.."

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

the truck driver was definitly in the wrong. the fact that he got a DUI impaired his judgment. he was most likely tired of the crotch rockets burning up the roads. i only saw other rice burners in the video, another observation. he should have made repeated calls to the sheriff and the road may have been staked out. maybe he already tried that with no results.

i can't find a side to land on on the this one. maybe the truck drivers kids had a near miss with a bike which would even out the frustration.

Exactly.

For every level headed rider you've got 10 that are morons trying to push the limit. If it's a popular spot then these guys didn't go out there to film themselves doing the speed limit. :rolleyes: Not justifying the actions but I'm sure the locals are tired of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom