School Me On 3 Gun Competition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are these events open to spectators who are non-members? Or do I need to get someone to sponsor me into the range area? I've been wanting to try this out someday and want to watch a couple of events to get a feel for it.

I hung out for a while last Saturday at the OKCGC 3 gun event (I'm not a member). If I had it to do over I would have taken what gear I had and signed up. I'm betting that someone would have hooked me up with what I was missing. Good group of folks. 4th Saturday of the month for 3 gun. USPSA match is tomorrow (1st Saturday of the month) at OKCGC.
There are also USPSA matches Sunday evening at Safety 1st in Edmond and at H&H.
Lots of match information can be found at boomershooter.com

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anyone is welcome, bring your gear and party

I hung out for a while last Saturday at the OKCGC 3 gun event (I'm not a member). If I had it to do over I would have taken what gear I had and signed up. I'm betting that someone would have hooked me up with what I was missing. Good group of folks. 4th Saturday of the month for 3 gun. USPSA match is tomorrow (1st Saturday of the month) at OKCGC.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll plan on coming out if I'm in town.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Back when 3 guns were just getting started, GC and I went out to watch. We were shooting USPSA pretty heavily then and 3 gun sounded like fun ... anyway some guy I'd never seen before over heard me say to GC "Dammit I KNEW we should have brought our gear ..." Next thing I know I look like Yosemite Sam and am standing on a line! LOL

I shot every stage even though I'd shown up with nothing but the clothes on my back -- nobody would let me pay for the use of their gear or the ammo -- or even the match fees -- I shot that day (and there was plenty of it).

For those of you who have thought about it but never tried it -- TAKE YOUR GEAR! and JUST DO IT!

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
about how many mags do you guys carry on you for local matches? how many stages per match? trying to get an idea of how much ammo one would need for the Saturday, and how many mags would need to be carried to complete each stage.
Im thinking...
Rifle (AR .223): 2 (including the 1 in the gun)
Pistol (CZ 75B 9mm 19rd): 4 (1 in the gun, 3 on the belt...im going to miss a lot)
Shotgun (Benelli M1): Gun will hold 12-13 rds + 8 rd caddy
:anyone:

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
about how many mags do you guys carry on you for local matches? how many stages per match? trying to get an idea of how much ammo one would need for the Saturday, and how many mags would need to be carried to complete each stage.
Im thinking...
Rifle (AR .223): 2 (including the 1 in the gun)
Pistol (CZ 75B 9mm 19rd): 4 (1 in the gun, 3 on the belt...im going to miss a lot)
Shotgun (Benelli M1): Gun will hold 12-13 rds + 8 rd caddy
:anyone:

4 to 5 stages usually @OKCGC

pistol: 1 mag in gun, 1 on belt
Rifle: 1 30 or 40 mag in gun depending on stage 1 20 round mag on belt as a backup
Shotgun: unless shooting open division, must start with no more than 9 rounds in gun, load as many as you like after the buzzer. I usually carry 16-28 rounds on my belt depending on stage.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
4 to 5 stages usually @OKCGC

pistol: 1 mag in gun, 1 on belt
Rifle: 1 30 or 40 mag in gun depending on stage 1 20 round mag on belt as a backup
Shotgun: unless shooting open division, must start with no more than 9 rounds in gun, load as many as you like after the buzzer. I usually carry 16-28 rounds on my belt depending on stage.

16-28 shells! holy crap man I was way off.

thanks for the reply btw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom