School pictures

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone still order these things? They seem a little outdated with a camera being within reach literally at all times. Maybe it's good business for the local photographer but I am thinking about taking my own at a neat location like a field or stream.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the digital technology we have now, film photography is quickly becoming a thing of the past. I still like yearbooks and class photos that can give the kids something to look back on and remember their friends, but thats about it.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember when handing out pictures was like trading really lame baseball cards. Certain pictures were worth more than others. If you could get a pretty girl to sign the back with something nice, your name and a heart, it was worth the most.

Unless she was loud or ugly, then it was like getting Ricardo Valenzulea's 1986 Rookie Card: it ended up shoved in the 'spare' box or between the bike spokes.

Now, with social media, it's a little fun to bomb someone's Facebook page with picture of their greasy, pimpled likeness from 20 years ago. It's even more fun to bomb someone's page with a glamor shot from the 1990s during their personal 'peak' of attractiveness. How time flies...

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still see them every year.
Tradition I guess......

I didn't get one when I was in school.
I just wanted out and to forget that horrible place.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I remember when handing out pictures was like trading really lame baseball cards. Certain pictures were worth more than others. If you could get a pretty girl to sign the back with something nice, your name and a heart, it was worth the most.

Unless she was loud or ugly, then it was like getting Ricardo Valenzulea's 1986 Rookie Card: it ended up shoved in the 'spare' box or between the bike spokes.

Now, with social media, it's a little fun to bomb someone's Facebook page with picture of their greasy, pimpled likeness from 20 years ago. It's even more fun to bomb someone's page with a glamor shot from the 1990s during their personal 'peak' of attractiveness. How time flies...

ha, kids just bombed me. 16, no shirt, long hair, bandana, cig hanging out of my mouth. Then Boom, fat, old, no shirt, big fat cigar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom