Shooting in Colorado Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No more nuts than most vocal pro-lifers I've ever talked with. Hell people on OSA ramble crazily about baby parts.

I don't know who these pro-lifers are you talk to. Unless you are reading deleted threads about baby parts, you're making stuff up.

Last edited:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least we have moved past the denial stage where we are hoping that it was all a bank robbery gone bad and the robber just coincidentally happened to end up in the only place in town that finds it necessary to provide a safe room and bullet proof vests for the staff.

That's some small progress.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please show me the major Christian denominations that do not denounce violence even in the pursuit of stopping the killing of babies in the womb?

I do understand that there are folks who call themselves Christian who do these things at times but this really is a fairly rare event - at least compared to heinous crimes committed by the public at large. In addition, the major denominations (and most small denominations and independent religious communities) have no problem condemning such actions or cooperating with police to catch such persons.

Mr Dear may be nuts, may be evil, or may merely be misguided (or maybe some combination of all of the above) but he is also clearly outside the pale of what the vast, overwhelming majority of Christians will tolerate and they demonstrate that by working to prevent such attacks via teaching/preaching, and cooperate with authorities (ofttimes Christians are the authorities) to seek justice when preventative moral persuasion fails.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No more nuts than most vocal pro-lifers I've ever talked with. Hell people on OSA ramble crazily about baby parts.

So most of the pro-lifers you talk to and OSA peeps drive 2/3rds of the way across the country to shoot up abortion clinics?

You might want to recalibrate your nut scale. it seems a bit "off"...

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So most of the pro-lifers you talk to and OSA peeps drive 2/3rds of the way across the country to shoot up abortion clinics?

You might want to recalibrate your nut scale. it seems a bit "off"...
Of course not. They share a fondness for the same rhetoric as the shooter, though.

Not that big a deal, though. Pretty much any strong belief is held and repeated by the violent and non-violent alike. Many of my beliefs included. Except Muslims. Their beliefs are only held by the violent.

What are the non-violent pro-lifers doing to condemn terrorism in their ranks? Are they doing enough? Should we make them attend that Violence Condemnation Class with all the silent terrorist condoning muslims we always talk about?

More than one person threatened to kill George Tiller, after all. That office got a lot of mail.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If Baptist churches got the same mail from Muslim activists that abortion clinics get from pro-life activists I wonder what we'd call it? I think every abortion-performing doctor has their children's lives threatened regularly.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course not. They share a fondness for the same rhetoric as the shooter, though.

Not that big a deal, though. Pretty much any strong belief is held and repeated by the violent and non-violent alike. Many of my beliefs included. Except Muslims. Their beliefs are only held by the violent.

What are the non-violent pro-lifers doing to condemn terrorism in their ranks? Are they doing enough? Should we make them attend that Violence Condemnation Class with all the silent terrorist condoning muslims we always talk about?

More than one person threatened to kill George Tiller, after all. That office got a lot of mail.

I think we should just have everyone sign a violence chastity pledge. You can't commit violence until you put a ring on your own Tafsheen Malik. That should work, shouldn't it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom