Shooting in Colorado Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not "outraged" at all Terry. Check your bias and calm down...

Yeah, how do you figure I'm "outraged"?

One of you called the guy a Christian radical and the other agreed, yet neither of you know the guy's motive at all. As far as I know, the police have not issued a statement as to the shooter's motive. Also, unless my memory fails me at this time. both of you jump into discussions that discuss religion, and especially Christianity. Even though this guy has a cross painted on his RV in Colorado and a cross made from a pair of stick on his cabin in North Carolina, no one here knows whether the guy is really a Christian.

Maybe outrage was the wrong choice of words, but I'd still like to know if you spoke out against the shooter at the Family Research Council and against the Southern Poverty Law Center in the same manner as this shooter in Colorado.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, plenty of people know about his radical christianity. There's enough converging evidence from multiple sources that I'm convinced he is (no, i'm not going to Google it for you). If we find out he's not, and all this other **** is made up, I'm cool with that also. Yes, I routinely discuss religion; but I'm not "outraged" at all. I don't place any particular religious ideology on top of any other (with a few exceptions), including christianity.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Maybe outrage was the wrong choice of words, but I'd still like to know if you spoke out against the shooter at the Family Research Council and against the Southern Poverty Law Center in the same manner as this shooter in Colorado.
I don't remember these shooters. Did we have threads about them? There's too many to keep up with these days.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, plenty of people know about his radical christianity. There's enough converging evidence from multiple sources that I'm convinced he is (no, i'm not going to Google it for you). If we find out he's not, and all this other **** is made up, I'm cool with that also. Yes, I routinely discuss religion; but I'm not "outraged" at all. I don't place any particular religious ideology on top of any other (with a few exceptions), including christianity.

Perhaps you might "google" it some more. I found an article in the New York Times where his ex-wife describes why she divorced him, and her description is DEFINITELY not a valid description of a true Christian. For Robert Dear, Religion and Rage Before Planned Parenthood Attack While reportedly against Planned Parenthood for decades, he wasn't shy about being abusive to his multiple wives, reported both in the New York Times story and this one from NBC News. Planned Parenthood Shooting Suspect Robert Dear Targeted Planned Parenthood Agency Before: Ex-Wife That targeting of Planned Parenthood decades ago involved putting glue in the lock on the door of the facility.

While wanting to label Dear as a "Christian terrorist," even Think Progress doesn't really compare Dear to a legitimate Christian faith and relies on his comment on the so-called "Army of God" to label him as such. Yes, The Planned Parenthood Shooter is a "Christian Terrorist"

I have been referred as a "Christian Fundamentalist" in an online conversation in the past because I stated that I was a member of the Church of Christ and believed in the Bible and what it taught. I say that because I would imagine that any faithful Christian would NEVER live as Robert Dear has lived.

Perhaps I need to be educated by seeing your sources? But, wait...you didn't want to google for me, although I did for you.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CBS4) – Robert Lewis Dear, the suspect in the Nov. 27 attack at Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs, yelled in court on Wednesday that he is guilty.

“I am guilty there will be no trial. I am a warrior for the babies,” he said in an outburst in El Paso County Court overheard by CBS4 reporter Rick Sallinger.

Latest posts

Top Bottom