Smart phone question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spoken like a true fruit fanatic.

b-b-but I can't hang out in coffee shops and complain about how my favorite indie bands all sold out if I don't have Apple everything :(

I like being able to watch a flash video without dragging my laptop out. I do 70 to 80% of my surfing with my phone now. The laptop is feeling lonely since I went android.

Different strokes, I guess. I don't really mind being restricted to Youtube for videos.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
without a doubt... GalaxyS phone with android. Glass in extremely durable so it won't shatter over little stupid drops. Also, since android is open source, you can do all sorts of neato stuff and use it great for all types of platforms including all the other free stuff that google offers. Syncs right up.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HTC and Blackberry both have good offerings. I currently have the iPhone, only because it is what my job has provided. We "upgraded" to these from the blackberry, and I have to say, I preferred my Blackberry to this phone. Especially for work purposes. I feel like I need to keep a solar panel in my back pocket just to keep this thing charged. It sucks juice like no other phone I have ever owned. It might be because on average I receive over 300 emails a day... My Blackberry was a tank and could last days on a single charge... Here is a comparison between the torch and iphone 4.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/comparisons/iphone-4-vs-blackberry-torch/

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Droid based phones I would check out, Apple is not even in the fight as far as I am concerned anymore.

Samsung Captivate (I have now and have really liked it)
Samsung Infuse (next generation replacement for Captivate)
HTC Inspire

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Att~ most powerful is the mototola Atrix,i was an iphone fan buy have been won over by the droid systems. My Atrix SMOKES any ipone in every way,in a few years there will be as many droid apps as apple if not more,the next best arethe HTC inspire and Samsung infusion-this phone has an absolutely amazing screen,crystal clear but a huge phone,battery life isnt very good but just keep a charger handy,dont know a,whole lot about the inspire but it hasvery good reviews. If you choose the Atrix dont by the lapdock,its a waste of money but the phone is FAR superior than anytbing out for the time being. Sometime in 2012 Samsung is going to release a duo core phone with twice the processor speed of anything right now,typical tech leaps.
My take:phone for work-ATRIX ,for games,vids,taking pics-Samsung Envision 1st then theHTC inspire,but you just need to hold thee infusion in your hands,its big,but its also very neat. My 2 cents and I did quite a bit of resesrch before my purchase. Good luck

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Att~ most powerful is the mototola Atrix,i was an iphone fan buy have been won over by the droid systems. My Atrix SMOKES any ipone in every way,in a few years there will be as many droid apps as apple if not more,the next best arethe HTC inspire and Samsung infusion-this phone has an absolutely amazing screen,crystal clear but a huge phone,battery life isnt very good but just keep a charger handy,dont know a,whole lot about the inspire but it hasvery good reviews. If you choose the Atrix dont by the lapdock,its a waste of money but the phone is FAR superior than anytbing out for the time being. Sometime in 2012 Samsung is going to release a duo core phone with twice the processor speed of anything right now,typical tech leaps.
My take:phone for work-ATRIX ,for games,vids,taking pics-Samsung infusion 1st then theHTC inspire,but you just need to hold thee infusion in your hands,its big,but its also very neat. My 2 cents and I did quite a bit of resesrch before my purchase. Good luck

billet93

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Android OS all the way... Iphone is inferior in too many ways to justify ever buying another one... I've used 3 ATT phones with Android OS and all 3 of them beat out Iphones no contest. I guess if you are one of those that must be seen only in Tommy Hilfiger shirts and Oakley sunglasses while driving your BMW to Starbucks, go for an Iphone LOL :) still the choice for many of the flock

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had HTC Inspire. 4.3 screen, 8 mega pixel camera, 720 MP video, tru bright screen, everything is great. The only fault i found with it, battery would not even last half a day and that's with light usage.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get her the iPhone. If she just wants something that works well and is easy to use, it's a no-brainer. It's got the best screen on the market (whoever said the Super AmoLED is as good is smoking crack), it has one of the best cameras on the market (don't fall for the megapixel fallacy), and you don't have to worry about buggy or, worse, virus-laden apps which is a problem with the Android Marketplace. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12633923

Latest posts

Top Bottom