Smartphone advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have read nothing but good reviews about the Atrix and the negatives all seem to be consisant with concern for the battery life and a lack of good Apps through AT&T App store. Is thes about right?
Also many mention the difficulty to learn and use compared to the Iphone but all said that was not a big deal, it just takes some getting used to (which I always assume).

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just bought the Atrix and love it. My son is a die hard Iphone user. Now that he has played with mine, he said it is what he will get next. My youngest has the Arie "I think its called" he really likes it. I have never used a phone like these before. I have always used a simple flip phone, but I bought my wife an Atrix and got the bug. Several people on here told me to go with the Atrix for my wife. I was between it and the Iphone. When I went to the ATT store, I asked him what he used. He said "we all use the Atrix". That closed the deal.

sixseven

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Infuse 4G and love it. 4G (or whatever AT&T is calling it) speed is awesome. It is much faster than 3G, has a fast processor though its single core, has 8mp camera that takes amazing pics and the 4.5" screen size makes it the best phone around for actually being able to READ what you are pulling up. It also comes with an HDMI adapter out of the box.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have read nothing but good reviews about the Atrix and the negatives all seem to be consisant with concern for the battery life and a lack of good Apps through AT&T App store. Is thes about right?
Also many mention the difficulty to learn and use compared to the Iphone but all said that was not a big deal, it just takes some getting used to (which I always assume).

Flexibility can sometimes breed complexity. The Android OS is more flexible than the iPhizzle. And it is a different OS over all. I went from the iPhizzle to the Android and didn't have any issues. But I'm a genius.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had the Atrix for serveral months now. No complaints at all. Battery life for me is great. I also have found all the apps I looked for, so no complaints there either. My wife has the samsung epic and hates it so when her contract is up shes getting an Atrix.

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Search no more and just go buy it. I was set on the iphone 5 after having the 3,I searched for months,only for att the top 3 are the HTC Inspire,Samsung Infuse(awesome picture quality but poor battery life) then you have the ATRIX which is what I chose and could not be happier. Do not buy the lapdock unless you have money just to blow,its not worth the price for a bigger screen.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Search no more and just go buy it..
I think thats what I will do!
Thanks everyone, I think the Atrix wins hands down. Not one of you has had anything bad to say about it and all the other reviews I read were really good. I'll get me a new Atrix.
Oh, one guy wrote a review and stated the phone easily slips out of your hand and it happened to him several times but he caught it before it hit the floor. This has me curious...but of course I'll have an oterbox case or some similar protection and that should eliminate this issue if in fact it really is an issue...maybe this guy was anal about using hand lotion or something. lol

itzkwik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going to buy a phone of this nature and do not buy a protection policy or an otter box case. You are a fool in the first place! Btw this is from my atrix via voice texting. What is going to suck is six months from now something will be released that blows the atrix out of the water.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going to buy a phone of this nature and do not buy a protection policy or an otter box case. You are a fool in the first place! Btw this is from my atrix via voice texting. What is going to suck is six months from now something will be released that blows the atrix out of the water.

Yes. Don't buy the Otter box from ATT. They want $50 for the defender. I bought it off of Amazon for $24 and had it in 3 days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom