Smartphone advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aren't these phone threads great? Sounds like a bunch of old women talking about which brand of lipstick is the best. Just think 20 years ago guys on this forum would have been talking about which ammo was best. It's a phone. If you can talk and hear on it what else do you need? Our ship is sinking and it's sinking fast.
This was a very helpful post, thanks.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which droid phone do you have?

Samsung Captivate. Got it right after AT&T released them. The phone itself has been great actually, just glitchy software problems. And just like Microsoft they are seemingly never ending. They fix one and another jumps in to take it's place. Android certainly has potential, but since the apps are open source there just is no "consistency". Apple polices their app store very well. You write crappy apps for Apple, they won't be hawking them for very long at all. With Android, anything goes.

Usmc-1

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might think about getting a Windows Phone 7 , the phones are really nice and do away with the lil copy cat iphone icons , its a whole new concept , I have the Samsung Focus its an excellent phone, heres how you should look at it , if your really into tinkering and like having full control over the software and the hardware ,skip Apple all together , even if you jailbreak it , its way to hard to program in it , if you are already used to windows , Windows phone 7 is similiar and lets you have medium control over the hardware/software (my phone is developer unlocked) wich gives me access to things most people wont have , now if you like to customize to the max , meaning you can root an android (and brick it really easy) than Android is the way to go, I have an Acer A500 Iconia tablet that is rooted , I full control over this tablet (in windows you have administrative rights , but thats not even close to Root , root is super user rights) everything you do with it you can change good or bad!

Personally speaking I like the interface of the Windows Phone 7 , Android uses the same boring Iphone interface but to each his own!

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have had the samsung focus for about 2 weeks , went from a sumsung flip without camera that was marked cingular lol . i dig it way better than iphone or any droids . first the phone function rocks way better than iphone . the picture in bright daylight is still brilliant . high def video and pics at 5mp at 2560x1920 res .the map function loaded on the phone kicks googles a$$ and i loaded their app ,plus ran side by side an iphone . the voice search way better and easier to access also.

ok so i'm no genius ,only took me three trys to spell the word lol ,and it lacks some stuff thats annoying like cut paste . the movement between functions is super fast and super cool . anyway this gun tote'n hillbilly is mesmerized . it more like a luxury than "tool" .

anyway my opinon and a buck 250 will get you coffee .
elance

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm set on the Atrix. From these very helpfull reviews to my Buddy who owns one now and has had it for about 2 months, I think thats what I'll do.
Waiting a little longer to pull the trigger based on lack of funds (I been buying guns lol).

Latest posts

Top Bottom