Student Loan (Repayment)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you for it during this 39 year inflation high?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 54.9%
  • Not sure what to think about it.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing more than a move to help secure the House and Senate come mid-terms. Don't be fooled by the "timing" as it's not coincidental happening 2-3 months before November. Same for the Inflation Reduction Act or whatever it's called. The PUSH was so it could be approved in time. Why do you think they allowed the removal of taxing hedge fund managers instead of at the long/short term gains %? TO GET VOTES! And that was one of the means that was touted as helping to fund this massive boondoggle.

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I paid for the education of 4 in my family. Student loans were used some and they were all paid off. Prior to the new vehicles and homes. Quick and easy and made them feel complete for the education and paying off debt. Now they can grow and prosper without that nagging debt on their shoulders. I think if you get a loan to go to college then you pay it back. I worked my butt off for years paying off these loans my built up of a 7 yr College education. I helped my children as well. I have spent a retirement worth of My hard earned money and they got good degrees. I dont think I should have to pay off anyone else's debt. Ive worked long and hard enough for 49 years.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife’s parents paid for her college, and I paid my own way through college (granted it took me 8 years to finally graduate). I paid for my oldest son’s degree, and I paid for my youngest son’s trade school. My financial situation has changed, but I still intend to pay for my daughter’s college. We may have to get loans, but by gosh, I’ll pay them off.

It’s offensive to me that I’ve paid so much towards my families education, and now, I’m expected to partially fund somebody else’s kids college experience. :finger:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great discussion but notice how it's kinda been swept under the rug. How in the hell can those idiots in DC think this is fair? Oh, it's about the votes....now it makes sense. Warren is so far out in left field that we honestly need the Republicans to win back both House and Senate to get some normalcy to this crazed spending spree(s).

Latest posts

Top Bottom