Survived my knee replacement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Y'all need to keep this thread alive for a while. While I'm not quite ready to decide to get knee replacement, it would be good to know who I should look to for such a procedure. Dang sure don't want some quack hacking on my knees.
I’m spite of my issues Corey Ponder is one of the best in OKC area. He does robotic assisted replacements at St Anthony.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had both knees done, and one hip. If I had known I would live this long, I would have taken better care of myself! I'm sure some of these surgeries don't go as well as all three of mine did, but I would be on wheels by now if not for these surgeries. Check out your surgeons record! I found that health insurance companies rate surgeons on the number of bad outcomes, they each have had, or at least did when I was looking for a surgeon. Dr. Rodney Plaster MD. in my opinion, is one of the best in this field in the state, or country! other Surgeons from out of state choose him, I understand! It takes a while to get an appointmant, and you have to have good insurance! he pratices at the City of faith Hospital, in Tulsa!! The surgery floors only does scheduled surgeries, no sick people, they test you a week in advance for MRCA, etc. and postpone the surgery if needed, to prevent their patents for catching this infection! My mother died of MRCA she caught from the another hospital, while being treated for an injury! Best of all this hospital serves GOOD FOOD, even biscuits, and gravy, believe it or not?

Broncos

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all need to keep this thread alive for a while. While I'm not quite ready to decide to get knee replacement, it would be good to know who I should look to for such a procedure. Dang sure don't want some quack hacking on my knees.
Dr Ponder with ssm health is the best for us My knee and wife’s hip

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My neighbor just had Cory Ponder do her knee replacement and she is doing well, running around and visiting her friends. Betsy Nolan was going to do my shoulder surgery at the VA and I asked if she was going to do the surgery and she said yes! So I said sign me up. Turned out a resident did the surgery and she was the attending. The shoulder failed. I won't go back for joint surgery although I know that the VA is a training hospital and residents do have to do the surgery.
Anyone have ankle surgery as in replacement?

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recommend Dr. Warren Low at McBride Orthopedic Hospital!!! He is super invested on getting you better!
I haven't had a Doctor that was soooo thorough about every aspect of the procedure and getting me back to, not only work, but pain free and back to (so-called) normal. Check his reviews, not just from the Hospital, Google as well.
https://mcboh.com/physicians/42/warren-g-low-md

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife had both her’s done, swore she wouldn’t have the second one done cause of the hurtin and rehab but a year later she had the other one done too.

She said it was the best decision she’d made, well, except for marrying me!!
Im thinkin that last part is all in your head :D👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom