Swamp Rats in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me too! Everybody said it was a bear but it looked like a cat. And it couldn't have been a bobcat turned dark by the play of light. That sumbich stretched all the way across a paved road!

I've seen a black cougar in SWOK farm handing in the 90's. Saw a bunch of regular lion cats too over the years. Nose to tail all the way across a county road. Game wardens used to swear there weren't any, but the latest generation of the fuzz seems to be a little more realistic.

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've lived in the country, I've seen my share of mammals that aren't supposed to be in Ok. Now I live in the city and see more Possum sized Norway Rats crossing the street or stealing dog food than I did in the country. WTH!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've lived in the country, I've seen my share of mammals that aren't supposed to be in Ok. Now I live in the city and see more Possum sized Norway Rats crossing the street or stealing dog food than I did in the country. WTH!

They know where the chow is easy pickings!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a story on FOX News this evening where they are hunting the Nutria in some place in the south. The Nutria are damaging the environment by eating the plants and roots, thus cutting back on plants that are "protecting" the environment from storms. Some company is paying them to hunt the critters and will turn them into dog treats.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen an article it’s been several years ago about a guy that lived where they were plentiful he drove to town every morning and every time he seen one dead on the highway he stopped and circled it with something and on the way back every one he seen that wasn’t circled he picked up and took back home to eat it was a gulf state just can’t remember which one

Latest posts

Top Bottom